Fuel totalizer

ericnelson7

It takes forever to dial the fuel totalizer, and you can't fly accurate approach speeds without knowing quantity remaining.  How about auto linking the totalizer gauge to the fuel state at sim start?  Also, please allow EFB to control fuel tank status, as seen in the Flysimware Lear 35.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ericnelson7 said:

It takes forever to dial the fuel totalizer, and you can't fly accurate approach speeds without knowing quantity remaining.  How about auto linking the totalizer gauge to the fuel state at sim start? 

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll share with the team to see if we can add some kind of acceleration to the scrolling of the totalizer, and an EFB option for auto sync.

2 hours ago, ericnelson7 said:

lso, please allow EFB to control fuel tank status, as seen in the Flysimware Lear 35.

Could you please elaborate on this? Do you mean a fuel and payload manager?

The reason there isn't any is due to the size of this EFB. It being small phone does not leave much room for detailed schematics or or many pages either.

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot that fuel load can be updated through the MSFS weight/balance menu, so that's useful, though the transfer to fuselage tank operates as though pumps are running even in the aircraft W&B menu before launching a flight...which complicates setting up the desired load.

In the latest update I've found that launching a flight with a departure point in midair in combination with a specified arrival point does pre-load the classic cockpit's fuel totalizer.  However, the totalizer is not loaded if launching from an airport without a destination, and apparently also not when launching from an airport with another as the arrival point.  I haven't tested the digital cockpit version.

I often launch a flight from an airport without specifying an arrival point, to shoot landings or fly VFR, so a working totalizer in that case would be a big help.  And in the case of dynamic mid-flight fuel changes via menu, it would be good if the totalizer would automatically update following any change.