T-33 NAV Radio Tuning via EFB

Alan_A

@richboy2307 - Glad to know you're looking at these and other fixes - I'm enjoying the T-33 but hoping you can sand off some of the rough spots

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post a request - am still trying to figure out how to navigate your forums - but would you consider a quality-of-life fix for tuning the nav radios in the classic cockpit? The three-part dial at the bottom of the center pedestal is period-correct but pretty much impossible to tune while in flight - in its current form it effectively rules out VOR-VOR navigation. Maybe a tuning option on the EFB so we can keep our eyes on the road, so to speak? Thanks for considering. And please feel free to move this if it's in the wrong place.

• Like 1

Hi @Alan_A

No worries, I've moved your topic to the suggestions section where I feel its more appropriate.

17 hours ago, Alan_A said:

would you consider a quality-of-life fix for tuning the nav radios in the classic cockpit? The three-part dial at the bottom of the center pedestal is period-correct but pretty much impossible to tune while in flight - in its current form it effectively rules out VOR-VOR navigation.

image.png.35aa3f09f14af1e89a201de322bec6de.png

In the image above, 111.80 is tuned into NAV1. The first digit is always 1 so its omitted. Only the 11 / .8 / 0 parts are tuned by each of the 3 dials.

• For tuning the digits at position A, the click spot for the inner most dial is at position 1.
  • For tuning the digit at position B, the click spot for the middle dial is at position 2, reached by moving the mouse outwards towards clickspot 2 from center of the dial.
  • For tuning the digit at position C, the click spot for the outer dial is at position 3, reached by moving the mouse inwards towards clickspot 3 from outside of the outer dial.
17 hours ago, Alan_A said:

Maybe a tuning option on the EFB so we can keep our eyes on the road, so to speak? Thanks for considering.

Noted. I'll share this suggestion with the team. Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

• 2 weeks later...

In the 1.02 update the EFB offers NAV radio tuning, which is most welcome.  But only for area VOR's.

Could the EFB NAV page also include nearest ILS frequencies?  Tuning ILS while hand-flying in overcast without autopilot is pretty hard to do, especially in VR where digits on the dial are indistinct.  Perhaps a digit texture cleanup could also help.

Where possible, TACAN frequencies might be nice to have available too, though I'm not sure if MSFS really offers built in TACAN stations.  If it does, the T-33 should make using them as easy as civilian VOR.

• Like 1

Agree! Really grateful for the EFB tuning hack as it stands. Thanks for listening! But it'd help even more if they included ILS frequences and were sorted or at least clearly labeled.