Wear and Tear modeling

LukeFF

Two things:

• IIRC wear and tear was supposed to be per plane type, but from what I can tell the W&T value is shared among plane types. That is, after flying the PW freighter I loaded the GE model and saw the values were the same. Any way to change this?
  • Just to confirm, is the wear and tear of the tires and brakes is just cosmetic, i.e, I could land with completely bald tires and shot brakes and nothing bad would happen?
Edited by LukeFF

On 8/8/2024 at 10:32 AM, LukeFF said:

IIRC wear and tear was supposed to be per plane type, but from what I can tell the W&T value is shared among plane types. That is, after flying the PW freighter I loaded the GE model and saw the values were the same. Any way to change this?

Correct. It is not separable per variant/livery at the moment. This feature request is already noted on the internal Wishlist.

On 8/8/2024 at 10:32 AM, LukeFF said:

Just to confirm, is the wear and tear of the tires and brakes is just cosmetic, i.e, I could land with completely bald tires and shot brakes and nothing bad would happen?

No, its not purely cosmetic. It can have an effect on the ground handling of the aircraft, particularly to do with drag. However it won't disable the aircraft completely, nor "burst".

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

On 8/13/2024 at 11:05 AM, richboy2307 said:

No, its not purely cosmetic. It can have an effect on the ground handling of the aircraft, particularly to do with drag. However it won't disable the aircraft completely, nor "burst".

Got it, and thank you for clarifying this. That was in contradiction to what I heard before.    

On 8/17/2024 at 3:33 AM, LukeFF said:

Got it, and thank you for clarifying this. That was in contradiction to what I heard before.    

The sim environment is dynamic, so is the state of the product with new updates coming over time. SU15 brought with it new ground handling physics, and so did the A300 update with that which incorporated it.

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com