Uncontrolled Crash after Localizer Capture

gpowellpilot

I am not 100% this is related to the localizer capture or not, just happened right after the autopilot captured the localizer. 
(Previous flights with ILS were fine, no issues, but those were vectored to the localizer, this one was not a manual vector, instead the Arrival ending at the Initial approach fix of the ILS)
For records purposes; it was the KSDF- LEDDL1 to BRBON; ILS 35L

I armed the ILS with the land button, correctly tuned and with correct course. As the magenta lateral guidance showed up, the plane turned hard right and both engines shutdown and entered an uncontrollable dive. After crashing, I checked the weights and the fuel was set to zero. The total fuel before the issue with roughly 13,600 lbs. 
The only inputs were switching the gear handle back to neutral/off (whatever airbus calls it, forgot to do it after take off) and clicking the land button to arm the approach in which it shows up on the PFD that it is armed and captured. 

I will post the YT link to the clip of the incident. No idea if any of the actions are related or what. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaLwWA5U3oA

Any information would be appreciated. 

On 7/26/2024 at 12:17 PM, gpowellpilot said:

Any information would be appreciated. 

Hmm that is quite strange. Haven't ever had that in the countless flights I've done with the A300 so far. Just to confirm, you're running the latest version (1.1.2)?

There was a bug with one of the previous versions related to a null value in the fuel system that was already resolved. If yes, please also try to clear the contents of this folder, to ensure there are no leftover files from previous updates. These will regenerate next time you launch the A300. NOTE - this may reset your EFB settings, especially the throttle calibration so make sure to run them again after.

Steam:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600

MS Store:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Packages\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600

I'll share with the team for further investigation. Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

• 2 weeks later...

This problem seems to be the same as stated in this other post Here as I skimmed the forum for something but missed this post originally before creating mine. The issue I had seems to be the exact same as stated there. 

I did what richboy said as far as clearing out contents to reset, didn't happen after 1 flight but haven't flown it much since then. 

17 hours ago, gpowellpilot said:

This problem seems to be the same as stated in this other post Here 

Those were instances of WASM crashes, where in the system "freeze" or fail in-place and are no longer responsive/usable. 

This doesn't appear to be the same thing as what we see is the fuel running out, and the systems shutting down, presumable due to a fuel exhaustion and loss of power event. As mentioned in the previous post - There was a bug with one of the previous versions related to a null value in the fuel system that was already resolved. The Null value caused the fuel system to output bogus numbers, which the sim read as having no fuel onboard.

In any case, that was resolved already, and hopefully you will not experience similar issues after having deleted the generated files, freshly compiled/generated by the latest code only.

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com