Remove assisted start-up

F0R2

I recently tried to start up the p-40f without priming the fuel system, running the fuel pump, or cracking the throttle to test the systems depth of the aircraft and to see how it reacted if you ignored the recommended procedures.  I was disappointed to see that the moment you press the starter, the plane automatically adjusts multiple controls so that the aircraft starts via the standard recommended process no matter what.  I can understand an auto start functionality for beginners, but some of the assists and missing features on this aircraft that are present to make the aircraft “easier” destroy the immersion and the educational experience I think most users get excited for.  It is very disappointing when you aren’t allowed to fail, intentionally or not, in a flight sim product because of artificial and non-disableable “accessibility” features.

• 2 weeks later...

I just created account on this forum to share this idea as well. So I can only say "Thank you" for mentioning it and bringing this up. Although I wanted to mention it differently because of the automated checklist.

First of all I really like your checklist. Some devs dont care about this and they have no checklists or the items are not highlighted. So it is really appreciated and I thank you for it. One thing I dont like and I've never encountered it in any other aircraft is this.

WIth MSFS checklist you can press "evaluation" and also auto complete page/item. I really like to use the evoluation way. If you click it it changes camera to the appropriate gauge or knob or lever etc. and if it is for example fuel pump ON and you have it OFF by default the checklist waits until you press it. In other words it requires you to do it. But your checklist is automated even if I use the "evaluation" it autoamtically switch the knobs/lever/switches for me. So if you could change that behavior that would be awesome.

To summarize

• Checklist with evaluation should point and highlight the knob/switch/lever and wait for player action before moving to another checklist item
  • Checklist with auto complete page/item should do that automatically.
  • Your checklist in this aircraft is automated even if in "evaluation" mode

Thank you very much for considering this 🙂 If you need any more info or testing I'm willing to help you.

3 minutes ago, Overlord said:

I was not able to edit my previous comment in time so I post the relevant part again - it is more detailed description of the 3rd paragraph.

WIth MSFS checklist you can press "evaluation" and also auto complete page/item. I really like to use the evaluation way. When you click "evaluation" it should change camera to the appropriate gauge or knob or lever etc. and if it is for example fuel pump switch ON and you have switch OFF, by default, the checklist waits until you switch it to ON. In other words it requires you to do it. But your checklist is automated even if I use the "evaluation" it autoamtically switch the knobs/lever/switches for me. So if you could change that behavior that would be awesome.

Thank you

• Like 1