A320neo V2 Systems stop responding after activating SEC F-PLN

crowdall3

Happened twice now. Have gone in for a landing, messed it up, went into Go Around, set a manual heading, and after a bit went in to SEC F-PLN and clicked ACTIVATE SEC. At that point all systems stop responding. I can turn dials on the FCU, which rotate visually, but the numbers don't change. Same with other things in the cockpit. I can click, and the animation of the click shows, but nothing happens. Only thing that I could actually do that had an impact was to retract the flaps, which had aerodynamic effects, but did not lower them visually on the airplane and did not show any changes on the displays.

Hi @crowdall3

That is a "WASM Crash", where in the WebASsembly Module (WASM) container that runs the code for various systems has failed, so those systems "stop responding / freeze" in place. 

The team is aware of them and working to debug and sort them as and when we are able to reproduce them. So for that, please share the following:

• route you were flying (i.e. active F-PLN)
  • route you had as secondary (i.e. entered in SEC F-PLN)
  • Navdata Used (Navigraph or Default)
  • Airport Sceneries used (The Departure, Arrival and ALTN airport if any was part of the secondary flight plan)
  • Where you were when you activated the flight plan. (Go around, but at approx what altitude and near which waypoint)

All this info will help us to recreate the scenario in which you had a WASM crash, such that we can trace the source of the crash.

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

23 hours ago, richboy2307 said:

Hi @crowdall3

That is a "WASM Crash", where in the WebASsembly Module (WASM) container that runs the code for various systems has failed, so those systems "stop responding / freeze" in place. 

The team is aware of them and working to debug and sort them as and when we are able to reproduce them. So for that, please share the following:

• Airport Sceneries used (The Departure, Arrival and ALTN airport if any was part of the secondary flight plan)
  • Where you were when you activated the flight plan. (Go around, but at approx what altitude and near which waypoint)

All this info will help us to recreate the scenario in which you had a WASM crash, such that we can trace the source of the crash.

Thanks!

Route: EKCH - EHAM (Has also happened when I tried it flying EKCH - ESSA)

Secondary: Copy of Active, after takeoff.

Navdata: Default

Sceneries: Happened both with and without Flytampa EKCH airport scenery as departure. No custom scenery installed for EHAM or ESSA.

Location: Straight out from 24 EHAM and straight out from RWY 19R ESSA, but after having selected a manual heading for both (no specific waypoint).

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, crowdall3 said:

Route: EKCH - EHAM (Has also happened when I tried it flying EKCH - ESSA)

Can you share the full route with Runway, SID, Airways and Wpts, STAR, Approach and Arrival Runway. (e.g. LFPG/27L OPAL5D OPALE UT421 KUNAV Y8 BANVA BANV1L EGSS/22)

Thanks!

I had this happen yesterday in the A320 V2, flying the following route:

CYUL/24L N0434F360 DCT BOBKI DCT MELTI DCT TORNI RAGID5 CYYZ/15L

It was on approach, I chose a transition in the FMS per ATC instruction, tried DIR to a specific waypoint and the FMS became unresponsive.

Noted. We're working on stability improvements for the next update, as we have recently with the A300 update (v1.1.2). In the meanwhile, please keep posting all instances of WASM crashes along with the following info:

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Hi! This happened to me just now after trying to exit a holding pattern with "immediate exit", which did not work. I then tried to counter the hold by activating a secondary flight plan, after which the FMC froze. The issue happened within the approach, at waypoint DF414. This issue also occurs when trying to go directly to a waypoint.

EGKK BOGNI1X 26L FERDI BUPAL REMBA PESOV TOBOP NIVNU IMCO1A 25L ILS25L

SEC F-PLAN was a copy of active FP

Hi @Sonkeli12

Thanks for your report. Was not able to reproduce on the latest build that will be coming as part of the Aircraft & Avionics Update 3 (AAU3), so hopefully the new LNAV logic and stability improvements have resolved such instances for good.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1