A350 & Sim-rate

Not much information about the upcoming a350 has been released. So I understand if this won't be able to be answered at this time.

I'm patiently awaiting this aircraft and am quite excited for it. But I'm curious as to one feature in relation and that is sim-rate / time acceleration. It's a feature that is not supported on the existing inibuilds aircraft including the new A320neo. But for someone like myself and a bunch of others who have very little time to themselves time acceleration can be seen as "important".  Given the A350 is a very long-range aircraft when it comes out I will use it as such much like the new PMDG 77W which does support time acceleration.

My question today is whether it is planned for the A350 to support this feature in Microsoft Flight Simulator, or if we will find out closer to the release, whenever that may be, as I could not find any information about it in my searches.

I appreciate any response on this matter.

There is an A350 dev-update planned for the end of July, where more information will be shared.

With regards to things like time-acceleration/compression specifically, we did answer this when raised on the discord. The short answer is yes, it is under consideration.

We understand why people request it, and the importance of such features would only grow with projects like A350 and A380, so we would like to incorporate such features and possibly roll them back into projects like the A300 eventually as well.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

• 4 weeks later...

In the recent FAQ you write the following in response to a question regarding automatic step climbs during accelerated sim rate:

We intend to support auto step climbs and accelerated simulation. At this time, we can’t give a hard value to what level of acceleration will be supported as this can depend on how the final AP and auto flight system react.

In my view, a key feature of the PMDG 777's auto cruise system is its ability to automatically adjust the simulation rate dynamically, up to a user-defined maximum. This adjustment is based on the auto flight system's load. For instance, during complex maneuvers such as turns or step climbs, the system will reduce the simulation rate to maintain the auto flight system's performance. I believe this significantly enhances the stability of time acceleration. Could you confirm if there are plans to implement this feature, rather than solely providing manual simulation rate adjustments?

On 7/25/2024 at 12:09 PM, NovemberTangoJuliet said:

Could you confirm if there are plans to implement this feature, rather than solely providing manual simulation rate adjustments?

Just as mentioned, it is hard to say at this time. We do intend to support time accelerations, however the specifics of it, and what form it takes eventually can only discussed at a later time in future development updates. Thanks!

• Like 1

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com