A320neo V2 nosewheel steering problem

diogocec

For reasons I won’t get into, I can’t use rudder pedals on my PC right now, so I have to use the keyboard.
I have switched to Yes the “Rudder controls tiller”, and have problems steering the aircraft on the ground. More specifically, it oversteers, and beyond a certain point steering will suddenly go into the other direction. The aircraft isn’t controllable on the ground.

What I have observed, is that my keyboard key assigned to centering the rudder (“5” on my keypad in my case) will center the rudder, but not the tiller (by pressing “5” I can see my rudder going to the center immediately, but the tiller doesn’t move). As a result, in order to center the tiller, I have to turn into the opposite direction until I “think” it has reached the center position, which is of course almost impossible to do, resulting in oversteering in the opposite direction.

Hi @diogocec,

The ''Rudder Controls Tiller'' is bound to 'Rudder Axis' itself (red box), and not the yawing commands (green box) which is what is used by default sim keybinds.image.png.596e72ae1e3c2b55e1319a670daee200.png

You could also try to assign buttons to the tiller itself, such as 'INCREASE STEERING' and 'DECREASE STEERING' keybinds if you want to control it separately to the rudder.

image.png.ac4cbb395e19cbb113b3646b09a89635.png

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com