A300-600R FD/FPV switch?

Just a quick check.. I can't flick this switch up from the centre position. Isn't it supposed to be 3-way, and auto-toggle back to the centre? FD seems to be engaged anyway.

Same for everyone or just me?

Thanks

Edited by martinlest

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this is connected: I get a green crosshair FD, but after takeoff it is indicating a negative position, i.e. in the brown area of the PFD. If I connect the AP, then of course the aircraft starts to dive. I have the altitude set correctly, the VS is at +1800ft/min and as far as I know I have done the same is in a number of tutorial videos I have been following.... did I forget something? Why might the FD be pointing me towards the ground?

Edited by martinlest

Hi,

Just to confirm, is this for the XP or MSFS version?

The FD/FPV switch is three-way, and it centres itself to the ON position. Moving it up again toggles between FD Bars or FPV mode on the display. Once you engage TOGA during takeoff, the FD should pitch upwards (as you can see in the screenshot).

Ensure you have also dialled in a higher altitude in the FCU (usually initial climb altitude by ATC or the procedure). You can also arm a "vnav" climb mode by hitting the PROFILE button on the FCU, which will then arm the P.CLB, shown in blue on the PFD below the green SRS on takeoff after you have hit TOGA.

So once you are airborne, at the thrust reduction altitude (as inserted on the TAKEOFF page of the MCDU), profile mode automatically engages.

image.png

image.png

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
IniBuilds Community Team Member & Tester

Posted (edited)

Hi. This is X-Plane. I cannot toggle the switch up.. it's either down or centre.

I get a green crosshair FD, but after takeoff it is indicating a negative position, i.e. in the brown area of the PFD. If I connect the AP, then of course the aircraft starts to dive.

I have found that this only happens when I choose a FLEX takeoff. With TOGA, I am OK (and yes, I engage PROFILE once I am stabilised in climb). 

Thanks! 🙂 

Edited by martinlest

Ok, sorry, I have mislead you a little here. I thought I had tested this on the PC monitor.. I just tried again, and the switch is indeed three-way, working fine.

However, I only ever fly VR: in VR the switch will flick down, to off and back to centre, but it will not move up at all. (The FD three-way switch just below it works fine in VR, by the way).

So it's just a VR fix at some stage that would be good. May even be able to do it myself (maybe!!).

Thanks! 🙂 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

So it's just a VR fix at some stage that would be good. May even be able to do it myself (maybe!!).

well, I had a good long search in the A300V2_cockpit.OBJ file to see if I could locate why the FD/FPV switch isn't moving as it should in VR - with no luck! 

However, I thought I might get the two switches working properly if I created a VR-Config file, which I did (in VR Tools). I then added a manipulator command for each switch at the end of the file - and now the switches are working three-way in VR just as they do on the PC monitor!

It's not a fix as such, a bit of a 'sticking plaster job', but best I could do (not being an aircraft developer!), and as I say, it does seem to fix the problem. If anyone is interested, I can post the file. I guess that's be allowed?

Edited by martinlest