Autopilot and A/T disengage animation issue v1.0.9

Adel Haiba

Greetings,

I wanted to draw your attention to this subject. When I disengage the A/P and the A/T using the shortcut keys in MSFS, the red button in the control column and the throttle don't move or animate.

Regards

In many in-depth addon aircraft, like this one, that type of functionality is unlocked using variables the sim does not have access to.  I say normally because it is the case of many if not most.  I don't use the in sim bindings for a number of reasons (this is not one of them as I hide the yoke since I have a yoke in front of me).  I use Axis and Ohs.  Many use SpadNext, and some use FSUIPC.  These programs allow you to unlock the full potential of the bindings that are available.  The in sim bindings are too limited and you should ( I would say HAVE) to create a profile for every aircraft.  Same as I do with AAO, however AAO remembers what bindings you want to use for a certain aircraft so I am never in the scenario of rolling down the runway in the A300 while my bindings are set to a CRJ or 737 or worse a GA prop job.  Also, I am in no danger of losing bindings during an update.  It happened to me early on and though the community seems to think this won't happen again, 6 hours of work down the tubes made me not take the chance.  In my opinion, AAO (or SpadNext) is a MUST have addon for anyone serious about simming on a PC.  X-boxers can't use it.  

• Like 1
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Crabby said:

In many in-depth addon aircraft, like this one, that type of functionality is unlocked using variables the sim does not have access to.  I say normally because it is the case of many if not most.  I don't use the in sim bindings for a number of reasons (this is not one of them as I hide the yoke since I have a yoke in front of me).  I use Axis and Ohs.  Many use SpadNext, and some use FSUIPC.  These programs allow you to unlock the full potential of the bindings that are available.  The in sim bindings are too limited and you should ( I would say HAVE) to create a profile for every aircraft.  Same as I do with AAO, however AAO remembers what bindings you want to use for a certain aircraft so I am never in the scenario of rolling down the runway in the A300 while my bindings are set to a CRJ or 737 or worse a GA prop job.  Also, I am in no danger of losing bindings during an update.  It happened to me early on and though the community seems to think this won't happen again, 6 hours of work down the tubes made me not take the chance.  In my opinion, AAO (or SpadNext) is a MUST have addon for anyone serious about simming on a PC.  X-boxers can't use it.  

Thank you for the info, but when I press the key binding of the sim, the A/P and the A/T disengage, it is only the animation not showing or the switch sounds.

Regards

Edited by Adel Haiba

2 hours ago, Adel Haiba said:

Thank you for the info, but when I press the key binding of the sim, the A/P and the A/T disengage, it is only the animation not showing or the switch sounds.

Regards

Yea, I read your post.  My post still stands.  Variables are not just interaction but actions and movement.  

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png