Landing gear lever animation not working?

LukeFF

When retracting the landing gear during takeoff, the gear retracts, but it looks like the lever is physically not moving from the down position to the up position - it just moves to the neutral position, even though the gear is retracted.

This is with a Virpil control panel landing gear lever.

The "neutral" or middle position if the OFF position. After the gear is raised (top or UP position), the lever is moved to the middle position to depressurize the hydraulics used to raise the gear to reduce strain/wear on the actuators and prevent accident deployment. Generally the lever is moved to the OFF position after the gear has been raised and the lights are off.

Are you using an external program to map your controls, like Axis and Ohs, or Spad.Next? If so (and you have a 2 position gear lever on your controller), you can configure the lever to move to the UP position, followed by a short wait period before moving to the OFF position.

If you are binding a 2 position gear lever in MSFS (as MSFS doesn't have built-in bindings for a 3 position gear level), you will probably have to live with the animation "glitch". Or, you can interact with the gear lever directly in the virtual cockpit.

35 minutes ago, kevink817 said:

The "neutral" or middle position if the OFF position. After the gear is raised (top or UP position), the lever is moved to the middle position to depressurize the hydraulics used to raise the gear to reduce strain/wear on the actuators and prevent accident deployment. Generally the lever is moved to the OFF position after the gear has been raised and the lights are off.

Are you using an external program to map your controls, like Axis and Ohs, or Spad.Next? If so (and you have a 2 position gear lever on your controller), you can configure the lever to move to the UP position, followed by a short wait period before moving to the OFF position.

If you are binding a 2 position gear lever in MSFS (as MSFS doesn't have built-in bindings for a 3 position gear level), you will probably have to live with the animation "glitch". Or, you can interact with the gear lever directly in the virtual cockpit.

Yes, I understand all that. My gear lever is a 3-position type, and what's happening is that when I move it to the Gear Up position (with AAO, yes), the gear retracts, but the animation of the lever only goes to the neutral position. I wasn't seeing this before the last update, so it makes me wonder if there is a bug here.