NAV issue cause

Azlog

I might have stumbled upon the cause of the issue surrounding the A300 not following NAV. Need to do more testing but thought I’d put this out there now

If you enter your flight plan including the SID and STAR but then change either of those in any way, the flight plan will get stuck.

So let’s say you were thinking of taking off from one runway and programmed that but the tower told you a different one. You decide to change to the one they told you in your flight plan and boom - there goes your nav for the flight.

Or perhaps you had an approach in mind for your arrival and programmed it early but then the weather changes or you change your mind enroute and decide to do an ILS instead of an RNAV and change it in your flight plan. Suddenly the aircraft is still on NAV but it just keeps going on the heading you were on and doesn’t register passing waypoints

Am I onto something?

Yea, no.  

1.  I have seen zero issues with NAV.  It works for me.

2. I have had to change things in my route dozens if not hundreds of times because ATIS changes or ATC wants me to do something else.  Takeoff runway, destination runway, change SID, change STAR, add a waypoint, go direct to a waypoint, delete a waypoint.  None of these things has caused my nav to go off the rails. 

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

6 hours ago, Crabby said:

Yea, no.  

1.  I have seen zero issues with NAV.  It works for me.

2. I have had to change things in my route dozens if not hundreds of times because ATIS changes or ATC wants me to do something else.  Takeoff runway, destination runway, change SID, change STAR, add a waypoint, go direct to a waypoint, delete a waypoint.  None of these things has caused my nav to go off the rails. 

I should probably have clarified that I’m on Xbox. I forget that the builds of the aircraft are different between the two platforms

LNAV works for me 90% of the time.

Easy test to reproduce Take off from RWY 04R at Helsinki (EFHK) on the VALOX 4C departure. The aircraft would not follow unless you give it a DIR TO after rotation. Instead of flying to the first fix he wants you to bank to the left immediately. I had this issue since first version.

@iniBuildscan you also have a look?

Matteo

1 hour ago, Matteo Spacca said:

Easy test to reproduce Take off from RWY 04R at Helsinki (EFHK) on the VALOX 4C departure.

I just tried this with 1.0.8, RWY 04R, and VALOX 4C departure and I was unable to reproduce. The plane followed the SID perfectly.

Can you post your entire routing?

Edited by kevink817

So I just tried my theory again of changing the SID or STAR while taxiing and during the flight and it didn’t kill NAV. However weather at Heathrow today is pretty challenging and I had to do a go around. Go around procedure had a manual discontinuity so I use direct to in order to skip it back to BNN waypoint for doing the approach again and immediately the aircraft did the classic 10 degree bank to the left and wouldn’t follow the route

5 hours ago, Azlog said:

I should probably have clarified that I’m on Xbox. I forget that the builds of the aircraft are different between the two platforms

I might be mistaken but, the most current version for xbox hasn't even been released yet, that would make it a MS issue. As PC users who bought the aircraft directly from iniBuilds and not the marketplace, we get the most current version immediately upon release. Marketplace users have to wait until Microsoft decides to update the marketplace. Xbox version is V1.0.7, check to see which you have.

ROUTE ID: DEFRTE
EFHK/04R VALOX4C VALOX Y117 ROSAX DCT PIMEX P739 DEREX DCT GORPI Z80
TILAV L87 PESEL DCT RAKIT M725 OBANI Z36 BEBKU T950 LUXBO LUXBO1V
EDDP/26L

It did not follow the initial LNAV path in 3 different attempts in 3 different versions V.1.0 V1.03 V1.08
No issues with other airports

5 hours ago, Matteo Spacca said:
ROUTE ID: DEFRTE
EFHK/04R VALOX4C VALOX Y117 ROSAX DCT PIMEX P739 DEREX DCT GORPI Z80
TILAV L87 PESEL DCT RAKIT M725 OBANI Z36 BEBKU T950 LUXBO LUXBO1V
EDDP/26L

It did not follow the initial LNAV path in 3 different attempts in 3 different versions V.1.0 V1.03 V1.08
No issues with other airports

Tried that departure a couple of times, and every time it flew it perfect. I even recorded my last one here, maybe you are doing something different? - 

Also having issues with NAV, seems to be limited to Xbox users. Does anyone know which build we currently have on the xbox? Reading through some of the fixes in the different build releases there were some fixes to LNAV, could it be we just haven't had the build update yet that fixes this issue?

Matt