Is the Thrustmaster TCA throttle quadrant fully supported?

robs113

Before I buy...

Can someone confirm if the TCA throttle quadrant is fully supported?

I have been incredibly frustrated with the poor support for it in P3D.

Does the A300 have a setup like Toliss where you can fine tune the throttle quadrant notches?

Thanks

I can't answer your question directly, but I should point out that the A-300-600 does NOT have the same throttle setup as the A-320 series (or 330 or 340, etc).  Although they don't look exactly like those on the Boeings, they work the same; that is, there are no throttle "notches", and the throttles move freely.  This is not a setup like the 320, where the throttles do not move in full auto - here, they do move when autothrottle is engaged, just like any of the airplanes like the Boeings or the DC-10.

So in actuality, the TCA may not be the most realistic choice, although I'm sure they would work fine.  I don't know how much there is in the TCA in the way of the detents that the 320 series have, but they would be irrelevant in an A-300 setup. 

The Bravo throttle quadrant with the add-on for the Airbus might look a bit more like the throttles on the A300 than those little china-doll-size boeing throttles that come with it, and that may be a more visually realistic choice....

And the Bravo does not have detents, which is also more realistic.

Like Tony said, the A300 has no detents so there's no need to calibrate anything besides the reverse function which can be done very easily inside the X-Plane control settings. I remove the detents when I fly the A300, that works very well for me. I also mapped the engine start levers and knob to perform the engine start using only the quadrant, feels very satisfying to me.

To sum it up, it is well supported within X-Plane and does work well with the A300 in my experience.

• Sam locked this topic