A300-600F (EFB)

cconesa

With the latest update v1.08, I am finding that the EFB will not calculate take off speeds close to MTOW.

I have set up the flight for a ZFW of 124.66 KG, 44.06 KG of fuel and a TOW of 168.22 KG. The runway is 3,500 meters long, temp 26C, altitude 1,200 ft and 1007 HPG. The EFB shows an "unable to find safe performance data" message. With v1.06 I could obtain T/O data but not with this latest version. Any thoughts?.

Christian C./

My first thought is that the weather was different.???

The temp is right around 78F (that is what I understand).  Your density altitude is right around 3600 ft.  We have to remember that a SAFE takeoff calculation is not mere calculating what speed you have to pull the yoke back at.  V1 is critical.  The is the speed where you would have to reject a takeoff and is largely based on the calculated distance down the runway where you will still have enough room to stop.  All takeoffs should be planned as rejected and all landings planned as a go-around.  Actually, taking off or landing is just an acceptable outcome.  

Being close to MTOW means you will need more room left over to reject a takeoff and safely stop before running off the runway.  Not saying the EFB might have an issue, but it is also as possible that it is doing its job and telling you the takeoff parameters are not safe.  As you stated, you are very close to max takeoff weight before you even start making calculations.  Might have to dump some boxes or fat people.  

Another way to look at it.  MTOW means you can takeoff, it does not mean you should. 

Edited by Crabby
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

It may well be as you suggest but as we do not have performance table there's no way to know if the limitation is temperature, atmospheric pressure, runway length or  a combination of the three that restricts the operation in the example I suggested. If Inibuilds can clarify and/or provide performance tables, it should help.

Christian C./

12 minutes ago, cconesa said:

It may well be as you suggest but as we do not have performance table there's no way to know if the limitation is temperature, atmospheric pressure, runway length or  a combination of the three that restricts the operation in the example I suggested. If Inibuilds can clarify and/or provide performance tables, it should help.

Christian C./

I have them.  You mean you have not searched for the FCOM and POM for your planes?  

What did you or didn't you do withing the t/o performance calculator?  For example, did you change the flaps settings?  Did you select the packs off option?  Did you try different slats/flaps settings? 

logo_130208.png

The max weight seems to be set at 167,000 KG for the conditions detailed in my original post and my suspicion centers in the runway length. At would have thought that at 3,500 meters long it would have been sufficient for a MTOW but would seem not to be the case. I did check with different flap settings and temperatures, but the result was the same.

Yes, please, if you can give me the links for the T/O and aircraft performance tables, it would be great.

Christian C./

• Like 1

On 2/24/2024 at 2:33 PM, cconesa said:

The max weight seems to be set at 167,000 KG for the conditions detailed in my original post and my suspicion centers in the runway length. At would have thought that at 3,500 meters long it would have been sufficient for a MTOW but would seem not to be the case. I did check with different flap settings and temperatures, but the result was the same.

Yes, please, if you can give me the links for the T/O and aircraft performance tables, it would be great.

Christian C./

That jives with the performance tables I am seeing +/-.  

logo_130208.png

5 hours ago, cconesa said:

Can I have a link for those, please?

Quite literally the first link that comes up when googled - https://www.google.com/search?q=a300+fcom+performance+tables

Here is a direct link to the site where they were uploaded about 8 years ago (Download at your own risk) - https://www.avsimrus.com/files.phtml?sort=down_m_6&minrating=&uploader=91864&sopt_title=1&sopt_desc=1&sopt_author=1&sopt_fname=1&sopt_comms=1

@kevink817 thanks for your link but please note that what you found are the tables for the A300 B2, B4 and B2K. The A300-600RF aircraft is substantially different in performance to those aircraft and thus their operating tables are of no use for the Inibuilds A300 aircraft.

53 minutes ago, cconesa said:

@kevink817 thanks for your link but please note that what you found are the tables for the A300 B2, B4 and B2K. The A300-600RF aircraft is substantially different in performance to those aircraft and thus their operating tables are of no use for the Inibuilds A300 aircraft.

Then further googling is needed 🙂