Manual?

B320Max8

Hi all,

we now have this great a300 rendition but would it be possible to come up with a manual that actually described the (at least the autoflight) system? I think this would be beneficial in that it would eliminate probably 50% of the questions asked in the systems category (and almost a 100% asked by myself) without caonsulting an actual FCOM?? Because maybe all these "bugs" and anomalies reported is just us users not knowing how to operate the plane correctly?

I sure wouldn´t have been able to learn the BAe146 without the included manual, given the lack of real world videos on YT.

regards!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 6:08 PM, B320Max8 said:

Hi all,

we now have this great a300 rendition but would it be possible to come up with a manual that actually described the (at least the autoflight) system? I think this would be beneficial in that it would eliminate probably 50% of the questions asked in the systems category (and almost a 100% asked by myself) without caonsulting an actual FCOM?? Because maybe all these "bugs" and anomalies reported is just us users not knowing how to operate the plane correctly?

I sure wouldn´t have been able to learn the BAe146 without the included manual, given the lack of real world videos on YT.

regards!

I recommend a search on Google for A300-600 FCOM or A310 FCOM (the A310 and A300-600 are system wise the same plane).  You will have weeks' worth of reading and learning at your fingertips.  

Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

3 hours ago, Crabby said:

I recommend a search on Google for A300-600 FCOM or A310 FCOM (the A310 and A300-600 are system wise the same plane).  You will have weeks' worth of reading and learning at your fingertips.  

Screenshot_2024-02-18-21-53-51-389_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg

1 hour ago, B320Max8 said:

@Crabby do you get want I want to convey here? An fcom is only worth reading if the simulated plane can be actually operated by that manual. The a300 leaves a lot to be desired here, just try it. 

I do, every time I fly it.  It works great.  So do a number of folks.  If it is simulated it is in the FCOM.  I use FCOMs for all my study level aircraft.  Are there things that need to be fixed.  Yep, that is why continual development is such a great thing. If you want an A300-600 that works 100% with the FCOM, that will set you back a few million dollars.

Edited by Crabby
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

On 2/18/2024 at 10:59 PM, Crabby said:

I do, every time I fly it.  It works great.  So do a number of folks.  If it is simulated it is in the FCOM.  I use FCOMs for all my study level aircraft.  Are there things that need to be fixed.  Yep, that is why continual development is such a great thing. If you want an A300-600 that works 100% with the FCOM, that will set you back a few million dollars

Do I expect to get a full study level plane for 40 bucks?

No, I actually do not. I even stated that in a recent post where I pointed out that what I had to say might be a little too nit picky, given the price tag of the plane.

See attachment, if interested.

But we should leave it there, because obviously we are going in circles.

"Is there a manual?"

"No, use the fcom!"

"The plane doesn't do what it's suspected to do, according to the fcom"

"Then go buy the real plane"

I want to stress once more, that I am impressed with it, even more so with the continuous improvement and community work inibuild does.

But I thought, they had some sort of input by real a300 pilots during the development phase who would have pointed out the shortcomings and incorrectly modelled systems in the first place.

regards.Screenshot_2024-02-23-08-20-37-169_com.android.chrome.thumb.jpg.2860f2c00ede5036636b9d37a27c8537.jpg

• Like 1