CTD

Del48

Something is weird somewhere.  Mine has not had a CTD even in v1.0.0 Granted, I keep my community folder lean and mean.  At any given time there are only two airports, one aircraft and one livery active. 

Edited by Crabby
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

Can you provide little more insight to your CTD? Event viewer what software version of msfs2020 . Have you tried to repair the sim? In order to understand more of what possible could be the trigger for the CTD

Windows 11 Home Insider Preview 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 10700K @ 3.80GHz 
RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI

ATI AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB Gigabyte)

Hi:

Source:        Application Error
Date:          06/01/2024 14:11:49
Event ID:      1000
Task Category: Application Crashing Events
Level:         Error
Keywords:      
User:          DESKTOP-H8O0OCD\Darrell
Computer:     Log Name:      Application
 DESKTOP-H8O0OCD
Description:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.35.21.0, time stamp: 0x656896c5
Faulting module name: m44477453e77732a1_0.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x6599245b
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000dd59f7
Faulting process ID: 0x0x544
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA40A999166ED3
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Users\Darrell\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\packages\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600\m44477453e77732a1_0.dll
Report ID: 45d972c6-8894-4d09-8d22-ff73cd6c7641
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
  <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" Guid="{a0e9b465-b939-57d7-b27d-95d8e925ff57}" />
    <EventID>1000</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2024-01-06T14:11:49.0201415Z" />
    <EventRecordID>58348</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="6412" ThreadID="15268" />
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-H8O0OCD</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-3439993612-1895790730-3067606060-1001" />
  </System>
  <EventData>
    <Data Name="AppName">FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data Name="AppVersion">1.35.21.0</Data>
    <Data Name="AppTimeStamp">656896c5</Data>
    <Data Name="ModuleName">m44477453e77732a1_0.dll</Data>
    <Data Name="ModuleVersion">0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data Name="ModuleTimeStamp">6599245b</Data>
    <Data Name="ExceptionCode">c0000005</Data>
    <Data Name="FaultingOffset">0000000000dd59f7</Data>
    <Data Name="ProcessId">0x544</Data>
    <Data Name="ProcessCreationTime">0x1da40a999166ed3</Data>

<Data Name="AppPath">C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe</Data>
    <Data Name="ModulePath">C:\Users\Darrell\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\packages\inibuilds-aircraft-a300-600\m44477453e77732a1_0.dll</Data>
    <Data Name="IntegratorReportId">45d972c6-8894-4d09-8d22-ff73cd6c7641</Data>
    <Data Name="PackageFullName">
    </Data>
    <Data Name="PackageRelativeAppId">
    </Data>
  </EventData>
</Event>

The MSFS version is up to date (version: 1.35.21.0). I haven't attempted to repair MSFS because all my other A/C work fine,

Many thanks, Del

CTD.txt CTD.txt

By my first flight this morning I had CTD by loading A300...next attemps it worked well.

I had this with freeware A310...I could solve this by using DirectX11 instaed of DirectX12 beta, loading first A320 neo from asobo, than once loadedn and ready to flight, came back to main Menu, chose the a310, than it worked.

Hope this can help someone.

• Like 2

Thanks. I tried the earlier suggestion of loading first another A/C, and then back to the main menu, and then selecting the A300. So far this seems to work. I remember with FSX a developer called A2A Simulations suggested first loading a simple, default A/C first?

Thanks, Del

• Like 1

If that helps for the time being ...
It should work without going through that hassle, tho.

Same as "Crabby" reported here: Haven't had a single CTD with the A300 since release.
Community folder has a 766 GB of content now, carefully tested and using only a few Mods.

WIN11 debloated, latest NVIDIA drv, DX12, DLSS swapped to the latest dll, TAA, NVidia 2080Ti, Intel i7-8700K , 5Ghz pretested.
Running with a locked 30FPS ...

Edited by JetNoise

Hi

I used to use the 310 but now every time I select it and hit fly the sim crashes.

Uninstalled it

Cleared the cache

Restarted the sim, and reinstall it with no avail, it is always a CTD, which is really annoying and hard to believe

I tested only using the white default livery which makes it more frustrating

I don't use navigraph

I use Direct X since the sim was installed through MS Store

How is it that a 600R is out without having fixed this problem?

I hope it won't take long to address this problem

Thanks

Carlos

The problem is separating a CTD caused by the A300 (or any addon of any type) from CTD WHILE USING the A300 (or any addon).  Unfortunately, most of the CTDs fall into the second category.  Why?  I don't know.  This is why I learned to be meticulous with my installation.  The only thing I do not control in my install is when MSFS updates.  Other than that, I control it all.  I do this by

1. Never buying/using ANYTHING from the Marketplace.  The only exception to that was the A310, which I have now removed because what I really wanted was the A300.  

2. My community folder is full of nothing.  Well, ok.  It is full of symbolic links, but not many. 

3.  I use Addons Linker from flightsim.to to create the symbolic links.

4. The only addon I have that is always "turned on" (the symbolic link is active) is GSX and only because I use it every flight.

5. Before I start a flight, I use Addons Linker to "turn on" (activate the symbolic link) for only the aircraft I will fly, the livery I will use and the two airports I will fly from/to if they are not default. 

I learned early on that the drop it and forget it nature of the community folder would end up being a troubleshooting nightmare.  I was on a flight from KONT to KPHX in the CRJ from Aerosoft.  My sim crashed hard.  What happened?  I had no clue.  Turned out after clearing out my community folder and adding things back in, a freeware airport in Japan was causing my CTD issue.  I immediately got addons linker.  I have had 18 CTD total since the day the sim was released (I log each one).  I can tell you that I have never had any of my addon aircraft cause a CTD.  11 of the CTDs were caused by freeware scenery (why? I don't know.  Maybe they did not follow the SDK or something.  Don't care, sent to trash). 6 were caused by liveries (why? still don't know/care).  1 was and is still a mystery (why? Don't know/care.  It has not repeated).  

6.  I only use the sim to be the sim.  I don't use the in-sim controller profiles except for view commands.  

When I got the A300 I did not use (still don't) any livery other than American that is done by ini.  My first 5 flights were less than 1.5 hours.  I have now stretched it out to 4 hours after 20+ flights.  Other than the known and mainly cosmetic "bugs", I have had zero issues with the operation of the airplane.  

The way I do things can be daunting for someone that is 2 years in and has hundreds if not thousands of folders and crap in their community, but if I were to be hired as an MSFS coach, this is the first thing I would make my pupil do.  I started in 1979 and I can tell you that either you control the sim, or the sim controls you.  

logo_130208.png

Hello @Crabby

First of all I want to thank you for your concern and for having taken the time to explain in such detail

The plane I have is the freeware one, the one that comes in the sim, it is the 310.

I was able to use it before but now it is the only product that crashes my sim. My simulator is on since I wake up until I go to bed and I never have CTD, never.

But if I select the 310 (default livery) then any airport at the moment I hit fly the sims stars doing the process of loading but then closes, it can't finish and as I said it happens only when I use this plane

I also use the add-on linker though I do have all my stuff enabled as I might not end a flight and then decide to go somewhere else in a different plane etc. I can fly all day this way and never have CTD. Just need to select the 310 to crash it, and it is very frustrating. 

If this would happen randomly, often or in the same place or so I would say it could be an add-on but it doesn't happen that is why I say it is something with the plane itself

I also use the AIFlow, the AIGround and the FSTLtrafficif it worth mentioning

O also avoid the marketplace, I hate it.

I will test with an empty/blank community folder and without the three programs above.

Thank you again for your reply

Regards

Carlos

8 hours ago, CarlosQ said:

Hi

Empty community folder

No extra programs

Default livery

result =  CTD

It didn't even load just closed

Cheers

Carlos

With the A310, isn't there a "known issue" after the last sim update that ini sent a patch to Asobo for.  I don't believe that the patch has been made available by Asobo yet as it is working through their onerous process.  If this is a recent issue for you, then it is probably the sim update problem biting. 

I used to think about that whole, "maybe I will go somewhere else" thing too.  I just decided that in real life, pilots would go to the head or get coffee and a sandwich between legs, so I call that my restart and reconfigure the sim time. 

Edited by Crabby
  • Like 1

logo_130208.png

3 hours ago, Crabby said:

With the A310, isn't there a "known issue" after the last sim update that ini sent a patch to Asobo for.  I don't believe that the patch has been made available by Asobo yet as it is working through their onerous process.  If this is a recent issue for you, then it is probably the sim update problem biting. 

I used to think about that whole, "maybe I will go somewhere else" thing too.  I just decided that in real life, pilots would go to the head or get coffee and a sandwich between legs, so I call that my restart and reconfigure the sim time. 

Hello Again Mark

Ok noted on the patch, I bet that is the what it is missing

Thank you soooo much for your concern and help

Cheers

Carlos

I also got the ctd again. After 1.02 i thought it was fixed. It worked couple times but then i started a flight with a300 and went to main menu. Then i loaded it again to different airport. It ctd again. After this is cant start any flight with a300.

I'm testing on this issue too. I had the CDTs loading a flight or a sim freezing and stop loading the flight in the middle of the loading process.

Yesterday I deleted all NVIDIA shader caches and the DX caches and after that I could load the same a300 flight without freeze, without CDT and in a very short loading time.

I will watch this in my coming tests. It would be interesting, if you could try this and it would solve the problem.

I tried this becaus of an interesting youtube-video for solving micro stutters in MSFS.

You can find it here:

• Like 1

• 1 month later...