A300 Broken Nav Mode

Andysus123

39 minutes ago, maurs said:

How can you state it's not a bug?

Did you try to replicate KIND-KDEN, routing by simbrief?

i can do a regular fly from other airports, despite often need to Direct To, but hen it works ok. So how can't be a bug ? Also, sevral users are reporting issue with nav sys in this thread, so definitively I 'm sure something affected after last release system nav. I'm sure developers will find it

Yep, flew that yesterday to see whats up..  At most, I use Navigraph so I have to manually add the waypoints and restrictions, but it flew it without a problem.  That is how I state it is not a bug.  If it was a bug, I would see the same thing you do.  So, either I have a better bug free version of the plane, or the bug does not exist.  In 21 flights, I have not had a single issue with navigation on any SID/STAR/Route/ILS/RNAV APP.  

• Like 1
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

Heya!

Which procedure out of KIND seems to be a problem?

I just tried the OOM5 out of 23R, deleted the MANUAL leg, and it flew it no problem. Please understand that we can't replicate issues if you give us minimal information.

For all reports like this we NEED the full route, weights, CI and FL.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Nico - Gumby said:

Heya!

I just tried the OOM5 out of 23R, deleted the MANUAL leg, and it flew it no problem. Please understand that we can't replicate issues if you give us minimal information.

That was 05R by simbrief , this is the route.  KIND/05R N0452F340 ROCKY1 SPI DCT IRK DCT HSI DCT BRWRY LAWGR3 KDEN/34R

full details

https://dispatch.simbrief.com/options/custom?airline=FDX&fltnum=3608&orig=KDEN&dest=KIND&altn=KORD&date=01 Jan 2024 - 18%3A45&basetype=A30F&ac_order=registration&type=A30F&climb=250%2F300%2F78&cruisemode=CI&cruisesub=&descent=78%2F300%2F250&fuelfactor=1&callsign=FDX3608&reg=N307SB&fin=307&selcal=&planformat=lido&pounds=1&maps=1&taxiout=20&taxiin=8&flightrules=i&flighttype=s&altncount=1&navlog=1&etops=1&stepclimbs=0&tlr=0&notams=1&firnot=1&stehour=7200&stemin=1800&origrwy=34L&destrwy=32&fl=36000&pax=&cargo=85&manualpayload=&manualzfw=&contpct=auto&resvrule=auto&taxifuel=&minfob=&minfob_units=wgt&minfod=&minfod_units=wgt&melfuel=&melfuel_units=wgt&atcfuel=&atcfuel_units=wgt&wxxfuel=&wxxfuel_units=wgt&addedfuel_label=extra&addedfuel=&addedfuel_units=wgt&tankering=&tankering_units=wgt&pid=532292&cpt=mauro pepe&dxname=&manualrmk=&route=EMMYS8 ZIRKL PWE IRK USIRE KOLTS2&route_type=&targetfl=32000&targettas=459&disable_tracks=1&force_track=&avoid_airways=&include_fixes=&altnsadv_number=1&altnsadv_radius=431&altnsadv_cig=600&altnsadv_units_vis=m&altnsadv_vis=3000&altnsadv_units_rwy=ft&altnsadv_rwy=7000&altnsadv_exclude=&altnsadv_tsfgfz=1&altn_1_id=KORD&altn_1_rwy=28R&altn_1_fl=&altn_1_route=MEARZ7 MEARZ BRATN BONNT VEECK5&altn_2_id=&altn_2_rwy=auto&altn_2_fl=&altn_2_route=&altn_3_id=&altn_3_rwy=auto&altn_3_fl=&altn_3_route=&altn_4_id=&altn_4_rwy=auto&altn_4_fl=&altn_4_route=&toaltn_id=&eualtn_id=&etopsthreshold=60&etopsruleselector=&etops_exclude=&etopsentry=&etopsexit=&etopsaltn1=&etopsaltn2=&etopsaltn3=&etopsaltn4=&etopsaltn5=&etopsaltn6=&asp4_snapshot=disabled&debug_zerowind=0&static_id=&manual_acdata=

44 minutes ago, Nico - Gumby said:

Heya!

sorry I posted previously details related KDEN-KIND,  please find attached the right one

KINDKDEN01.fpl

Hi, had the same experience: plane flew stirght instead of following the SID. Toke off with Profile and NAV selected, AP on at around 400ft. The plane missed to turn right on WP RF777, and as i 'passed' RF787, engaging DIR-TO 789 the plane resumed. This was the SOSAK5A departure, rwy 25, LIRF.

image.thumb.png.828c4adab20c72ef6bb4a5e03524167c.png

Just had this issue for the first time tonight. KMSP to KORD (both payware). Startup and takeoff as usual with Profile and Nav preselected. There was a manual leg to my first waypoint on the SID which I hand flew. Activated autopilot after established on the Nav track in the climb. Everything in the cockpit was telling me that A/P was active but the plane would start a slow roll to the left. It would not respond to any heading select, or Nav autopilot modes. P. climb and P.Nav both showed on the PFD the entire time and the plane would climb as selected, but Nav would not follow. 

Moving my HOTAS controls would break the auto pilot with the usual aural warning, and when reactivating it the plane would continue to follow the climb profile but not NAV.

• Like 4

Also can confirm erotic behavior with the AP. Did a flight from KMSP to KBOS. Double checked flight plan and entered it in FMS without a hitch. Flew that same plan earlier in a different plane no problems. As soon as i took off I engaged the AP and the AP just holds an attitude in the complete opposite direction. Disengaged the AP tried again and still the AP command bars  are not following or doing what is supposed to do. So i flew the Route for a period of time and try to reengage the AP and still AP is lost and wont follow correct path. KMSP/30L N0458F330 WLSTN7 GRB DCT DAYYY Q140 HANKK Q935 PONCT JFUND2 KBOS/15R was the route i followed. 

INIBUILDS. FYI The reported issue departing KDFW 31L has already been tested by others as working fine. Whenever there’s a MANUAL leg in the SID there’s HDG or DIR to required. Just entering NAV isn’t going to work. Nor deleting a MANUAL leg. A irl pilot has also tested this SID and offered to share video is anyone is interested in the Ini Discord. In this case, the reported issue is procedures.

16 minutes ago, AthenaG said:

INIBUILDS. FYI The reported issue departing KDFW 31L has already been tested by others as working fine. Whenever there’s a MANUAL leg in the SID there’s HDG or DIR to required. Just entering NAV isn’t going to work. Nor deleting a MANUAL leg. A irl pilot has also tested this SID and offered to share video is anyone is interested in the Ini Discord. In this case, the reported issue is procedures.

I understand it has been tested and it's working fine for some people, but why is it not working for me though? why is my autopilot broken when I do it? 

Edited by matteolosardo

2 hours ago, matteolosardo said:

I understand it has been tested and it's working fine for some people, but why is it not working for me though? why is my autopilot broken when I do it? 

He said why in a nice way and maybe you didn't pick up on it.  You are doing it wrong (procedures).  Don't say you followed the checklist.  A checklist does not help you fly a plane, procedures do.  Checklists only verify proper execution of flows (procedures).  Your autopilot is not broken.  Your pilot is broken.  For example, in the departure you referenced, taking off from 34L as in your simbrief.  The chart says "Climb on HEADING 353 to INTERCEPT COURSE 059 to DUGGS".  Where you in HDG mode when you took off?  Did you fly the HDG then use the directo button to put you aircraft on course to DUGGS?  Did you look at your FMC and try and erase the manual entries?  Manual does NOT mean the autopilot is OFF it means other than LNAV mode, spinning knobs and stuff.  Fix the pilot and the autopilot will work better. When I flew this SID, I took off in HDG and Profile mode, my FCU was set to a heading of 353 and my altitude was initially set to 10000.  Worked perfectly.

Navigraph Charts and 2 more pages - Personal - Microsoft​ Edge 1_10_2024 7_53_14 AM.jpg

• Like 1

logo_130208.png

26 minutes ago, Crabby said:

He said why in a nice way and maybe you didn't pick up on it.  You are doing it wrong (procedures).  Don't say you followed the checklist.  A checklist does not help you fly a plane, procedures do.  Checklists only verify proper execution of flows (procedures).  Your autopilot is not broken.  Your pilot is broken.  For example, in the departure you referenced, taking off from 34L as in your simbrief.  The chart says "Climb on HEADING 353 to INTERCEPT COURSE 059 to DUGGS".  Where you in HDG mode when you took off?  Did you fly the HDG then use the directo button to put you aircraft on course to DUGGS?  Did you look at your FMC and try and erase the manual entries?  Manual does NOT mean the autopilot is OFF it means other than LNAV mode, spinning knobs and stuff.  Fix the pilot and the autopilot will work better. When I flew this SID, I took off in HDG and Profile mode, my FCU was set to a heading of 353 and my altitude was initially set to 10000.  Worked perfectly.

Bro what XD I'm literally saying that NOT EVEN hdg selection works in the autopilot, which is TOTALLY unrelated to any waypoint the RNAV system is actually having selected as the next one. My plane clearly has a bug, because if I select heading and change my dial, the plane should follow that heading if announced in the FMA. it should NOT randomly start a right spiral towards the ground which is what happens. 

I hate bragging online to people I don't even know, but telling me the plane is not broken but the pilot (me) is, is not a very smart thing to say... I have studied air navigation, hell I even have an EASA ATPL theory exams certificate... I'm a CPL student and have a minimum of experience of how an autopilot should operate (this doesn't make me a type rated A300 pilot, but saying I'm the issue? really?)

just because not everyone are having this bug in the same context I'm having it, it does not mean necessarily that I'm doing something wrong or I'm a bad pilot. if I am in heading select and when I turn autopilot on, the plane randomly starts a spiral towards the ground, clearly something is wrong isn't it?

Edited by matteolosardo
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, matteolosardo said:

just because not everyone are having this bug in the same context I'm having it, it does not mean necessarily that I'm doing something wrong or I'm a bad pilot. if I am in heading select and when I turn autopilot on, the plane randomly starts a spiral towards the ground, clearly something is wrong isn't it?

I wouldn't know.  I am not seeing that in any context.  I guess I got lucky and have a good copy of the aircraft.  I did when 47 dollars in the lottery that week too. 

• Like 1

logo_130208.png

7 hours ago, Crabby said:

Navigraph Charts and 2 more pages - Personal - Microsoft Edge 1_10_2024 7_53_14 AM.jpg

And that is why a POH or FCOM is necessary.

13900K@5.6GHZ | RTX4090 | 32GB | DDR5 | Honeycomb A B | Virpil Stick Collective | TPR pedals | Saitek Panels | X Touch Mini  | Varjo Aero | Wacom Tablet | 34" Monitor | JBL LX44 speakers | SPAD.next | Navigraph | Skydemon

8 minutes ago, Rene Feijen said:

And that is why a POH or FCOM is necessary.

Yep, I searched up both on the googles months ago.

logo_130208.png

This should be the info, but dont quite know how to interpret.

image.thumb.png.e18122b92cfab06847a03f45231dbbe0.png

13900K@5.6GHZ | RTX4090 | 32GB | DDR5 | Honeycomb A B | Virpil Stick Collective | TPR pedals | Saitek Panels | X Touch Mini  | Varjo Aero | Wacom Tablet | 34" Monitor | JBL LX44 speakers | SPAD.next | Navigraph | Skydemon

What should it state on a SID so that I know if HDG or NAV mode has to be selected? Only possible to go direct to NAV mode if first instruction/waypoint after leaving the runway is a waypoint and not a heading?

Edited by Rene Feijen

1 minute ago, Rene Feijen said:

What should it state on a SID so that I know if HDG or NAV mode has to be selected?

Read the SID Initial Climb instructions for the runway.  If it says something like "climb heading XXX (or as assigned by ATC) to YYYY feet, then course direct ZZZZZ), I will use heading mode until I get to the YYYY feet then hit direct to the waypoint.  If the first waypoint is on the runway heading, I will take off with NAV.  An example of this would be taking off on runway 8L/R at KMIA on the Flamingo 1 RNAV.  I normally fly the needles by hand until 10K because I like to.  If ATC is heavy (a lot of fairly quick handoffs anticipated, I engage the A/P after being handed off by tower).  

• Like 2

logo_130208.png

28 minutes ago, Crabby said:

Read the SID Initial Climb instructions for the runway.  If it says something like "climb heading XXX (or as assigned by ATC) to YYYY feet, then course direct ZZZZZ), I will use heading mode until I get to the YYYY feet then hit direct to the waypoint.  If the first waypoint is on the runway heading, I will take off with NAV.  An example of this would be taking off on runway 8L/R at KMIA on the Flamingo 1 RNAV.  I normally fly the needles by hand until 10K because I like to.  If ATC is heavy (a lot of fairly quick handoffs anticipated, I engage the A/P after being handed off by tower).  

I tried NAV on ADME1M SID Birmingham, but it went straight past BBN31 although it is in runway heading I guess? But maybe I pressed NAV only after passing BBN31, will test tomorrow again. I corrected in HDG mode while setting up DCT to BBE20, and then NAV mode and that went well.

Edited by Rene Feijen

3 hours ago, Rene Feijen said:

I tried NAV on ADME1M SID Birmingham, but it went straight past BBN31 although it is in runway heading I guess? But maybe I pressed NAV only after passing BBN31, will test tomorrow again. I corrected in HDG mode while setting up DCT to BBE20, and then NAV mode and that went well.

Honestly, I got nothing.  I will try that departure and see what happens.  In the direct RNAV sids I have tried everything just works.  

logo_130208.png

8 hours ago, WoodBein said:

Into Brussels via KOK8A STAR and KERRY Trans. ILS 01 AP chosses not to fly into NIVOR instead a rightern turn it chosses a leftern turn.

Screenshot 2024-01-11 170307.png

Yup this is exactly how my flight was behaving. There is a bug in the AP nav system. The AP just veers off the course at a steady rate.  AP command bars says turn  to the correct path but the AP system does nothing.