A300 Broken Nav Mode

Andysus123

I have been trying for a while to fly the new a300 for msfs, but the Nav mode is not following the flightplan. I have no gaps in the flight plan neither do i have any information missing in the mcdu. Freighter and Passenger variants wont follow the route, instead flying straight ahead after take off. Profile does what its supposed to but the speed wont enter manage mode. I have tried a300 in xplane 12 which seems to follow the route fine, but i have since moved on to msfs due to other issues with xplane. The a310 for msfs works perfectly as it should and follows my flightplan. I would understand if its a bug but i have seen no other forum posts or youtube videos having any issue with the a300.

Edited by Andysus123
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Andysus123 said:

I would understand if its a bug but i have seen no other forum posts or youtube videos having any issue with the a300.

I have seen a few posts with similar reported behavior.  I cannot replicate it.  NAV(LNAV) has been spot on for me on procedures and route.  Without looking over your shoulder (video) from FMC/MCU inputs and actually flying, this will be hard to help out on.  

• Like 2
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

In the mean time, take a look here.  Emi knows what he is doing. Watch the whole playlist.   

logo_130208.png

I have to quote Andysus123. Starting from KIND for KDEN . Done all procedures and following every single checklist. A300 simply does not follow the route, even several time tried with Direct to, even it has issue with heading manual tracking. Really don't know what's happened. It worked nice before updates!

Edited by maurs
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, A350XWB said:

@maurs i have got the same problem when im taking off from KIND. it wont follow the LNAV path. Im not sure why but in my case its only at this airport actually.

Thanks for sharing that. I suspected it was related to some kind of SID points, I still have to replicate another flight when I will be at desktop. 
@ inibuilds please note KIND departure issue with navigation

Edited by maurs

1 hour ago, moxiejeff said:

I haven't experienced one single issue w/ AP. It works flawlessly.

Ok but this thread is open for people experiencing issue with nav feature. And it could even happens for specifics sids departure... tried 4 times KIND - KDEN with every single procesure checked, no way to make navigation working even the heading

I just tried a flight from KIND to KPHL and after flying runway heading from 5R LNAV shows green but it never engages. After that neither heading mode or LNAV would work.

• Like 2

I recently saw that the A300 had recived an update in the INI Manager, after updating it Nav mode now works flawless and my previous issues have been resolved. Thanks to everyone for responding to my post.

Not all RNAV departures have an initial RNAV let.  Out of KCLT there is the BARMY4 RNAV SID.  Depending on the runway you take off on you will fly a heading.  For example from 18C you will fly heading 183 to 1260 feet then 183 thereafter or the heading assigned by ATC.  At some point you will be either vectored to or cleared direct to MESHY.   There will be no initial automated route to MESHY, just basically a straight out climb.  If you try and hit NAV, it won't work and if you look at the FMC it will say MANUAL.  Make sure departures like this are not the source of any "problems" you are seeing. 

• Like 1

logo_130208.png

5 hours ago, Crabby said:

Not all RNAV departures have an initial RNAV let.  Out of KCLT there is the BARMY4 RNAV SID.  Depending on the runway you take off on you will fly a heading.  For example from 18C you will fly heading 183 to 1260 feet then 183 thereafter or the heading assigned by ATC.  At some point you will be either vectored to or cleared direct to MESHY.   There will be no initial automated route to MESHY, just basically a straight out climb.  If you try and hit NAV, it won't work and if you look at the FMC it will say MANUAL.  Make sure departures like this are not the source of any "problems" you are seeing. 

In my case, KIND departure affect even Heading engaging , not just LNAV! So it's not a fault related to lock the track plan, but a fault that affect all Navigation System, so definitively an issue . Also after 500miles , so that has nothing to do with sids departure

Edited by maurs
  • Like 1

me too??? flop......... lost all A/P (Nav) ILS wouldn't engage / Nor Rnav?? both FD's pushed to the right ?? recycled them.... no go??? resubmitted fright plan in the FMC reselected my Approach ........ nothin🤨

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maurs said:

In my case, KIND departure affect even Heading engaging , not just LNAV! So it's not a fault related to lock the track plan, but a fault that affect all Navigation System, so definitively an issue . Also after 500miles , so that has nothing to do with sids departure

Well, can't assist then.  Mine and others are working fine.  Can't be a bug if that is the case.  It will be on those seeing this to capture the triggers.  I would suggest getting in direct contact with ini Support with proof of purchase.  This appears to be over the heads of mere product users. 

logo_130208.png

I did EGCC - EGLL , RWY 05L and LIST2S departure, AP was in NAV mode, but it went straight by the waypoints, just kept going runway heading. Yesterday I had no problems (another route). My 2 Discord flying mates had the same problem. (And we all have proof of purchase btw). Used Avgeek checklist and tutorial flight for startup and programming FMS.

Edited by Rene Feijen
  • Like 1

13900K@5.6GHZ | RTX4090 | 32GB | DDR5 | Honeycomb A B | Virpil Stick Collective | TPR pedals | Saitek Panels | X Touch Mini  | Varjo Aero | Wacom Tablet | 34" Monitor | JBL LX44 speakers | SPAD.next | Navigraph | Skydemon

yip ...... wont capture.... P DES not working either..... RNAV... nope ...... ILS nope 🤷‍♂️ it was all going so well??? what happened??? like wise 2 Flights yesterday without an issue... then no dice today?? 

ILS 01L approach into KLAS. Go-around while still in NAV mode and AP enable. A/C didn't follow the missed approach procedure but stayed on heading. I then entered direct BLD (Boulder VOR for the published missed apporach hold). A/C entered into an orbit. Switching to HDG/S and then back to NAV solved the issue.

12 minutes ago, rdr said:

ILS 01L approach into KLAS. Go-around while still in NAV mode and AP enable. A/C didn't follow the missed approach procedure but stayed on heading. I then entered direct BLD (Boulder VOR for the published missed apporach hold). A/C entered into an orbit. Switching to HDG/S and then back to NAV solved the issue.

If you were on an ILS approach, why were you still in NAV mode? You should have been on the ILS flight directors and in LND mode.  You would not have reached your missed approach point in NAV mode.  You guys are doing something wrong.  

logo_130208.png

Mark I have not done anything different and have followed everything to the line from the check list to the T.... many times with no issues... until now?? one thing possibly ?? I deleted the hold point at CUPED on the RNAV (GPS)(CUPED Transition) for RWY28R KPBI, then cleared the Discon? (in Nav - Alt Hold - @ 180knots) via VUUDU1 / ACORI Transition - Maintained heading and Alt leaving waypoint COTEB 6000ft - Decent to 3000ft passed waypoint CUPED - went Direct CUPED and it all went down hill 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Crabby said:

Well, can't assist then.  Mine and others are working fine.  Can't be a bug if that is the case.  It will be on those seeing this to capture the triggers.  I would suggest getting in direct contact with ini Support with proof of purchase.  This appears to be over the heads of mere product users. 

How can you state it's not a bug?

Did you try to replicate KIND-KDEN, routing by simbrief?

i can do a regular fly from other airports, despite often need to Direct To, but hen it works ok. So how can't be a bug ? Also, sevral users are reporting issue with nav sys in this thread, so definitively I 'm sure something affected after last release system nav. I'm sure developers will find it

Edited by maurs