Sounds don't seem correct.

yycvor

Folks, 

Several legs with the same observations with sound. I really unable to troubleshoot effectively with volume sliders in the EFB or the main menus, seemingly no combo seems to give me the audio experience that would be expected, or from what I can observe from streamers, youtube etc. I point all audio outputs from the sim to single source speaker system with the only exception being GSX, FS2Crew ( not applicable in this case) and VATSIM Audio which go to a headset. I do not have headset mode enabled within MSFS. 

Hydraulic noises seem to be ok. No noticeable difference with fuel pumps turning on, or AC Packs being turned on. (Those may/may not have associated audio sounds?).  APU is substantially quieter then the Hydraulic noise, even directly behind the aircraft view wise, APU is barely noticeable overall. 

Engine start seems ok, with obvious transition from spool up, ignition, idle.   Taxi out seems appropriate with the famous hum and acoustics we all drool over with the CF6s.

Takeoff is where my experience seems to begin becoming even more unusual. Upon application of TOGA, the experience goes from the expected increase in bass and overall noise to quickly becoming the quietest phase of flight so far.  As N1 increases beyond 55-60%, audio goes to almost non existent - the quietest addon I've ever used on a takeoff roll.   Initial climb gives a odd sensation of almost going Mach 1.  Its shocking silent with not even a appropriate level of wind noise, let alone the buzz saw that should be filling my ears.

Cruise seems a mix of reduced engine audio and wind noise however at this point I'm doubting any of the audio experience is correct.   

Decent also seems unexpected and very usual.   Full thrust is much quieter then idle thrust.  When rolling back between 60-55% to flight idle the audio actually increases and can hear the buzz saw bass, but at higher thrust settings back to almost silence. Its so unusual that my brain believes the aircraft is throttling up when its throttling down.

Is anyone else experiencing similar?  I mentioned this to a real world coworker who is also hardcore simmer and also did several legs with the A300 and he looked at me like I had two heads.  This is beyond volume sliders IMO, is it possible that certain audio channels are not correctly playing? a bug with my install?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I cant speak to everything in your post, but the reduction in volume of the buzzsaw effec5 at the highest n1s is actually correct, its called "coning".  During descent some engines produce more bass at at lower n1, at cruise all of the high frequency sounds the engines make should dissapear, so it might sound like the engines get louder at lower throttle settings.  This definitely happens irl on some jet aircraft, ive never flown in an a300 though.

You are correct. That effect is legitimate IRL. 

This goes beyond well those effects IMO.  I don't believe my experience shows the dynamic balance as advertised or I'm having some issue i cant wrap my head around. 

Takeoff roll starts at 35:30 -

At 35:55 (100kts) I've already lost my "buzzsaw" while his is obvious. 

Comparing dated but real world recorded audio on their climb out - I have no buzz saw on climb out (lost it at 100kts) while its still obvious through clean up and acceleration in the JF video. 

It just feels off to me and I've been simming a long, long time.   Yes I have messed with all the sliders, in all phases. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1