Some questions about the controls and general appearance

theex0r

Hello everyone! I'm pretty excited about the plane so far, but I've noticed a few things that bother me a bit or I haven't figured out how to adjust them yet: 

My seat position is way too low. It feels like my head is right in front of the instruments. I hope the screenshots make it clear what I mean. 

MicrosoftFlightSimulator29_12.202309_53_44.thumb.jpg.673ee2b1649a3046e57281cdc4aa1935.jpgMicrosoftFlightSimulator29_12.202309_54_05.thumb.jpg.e6906009274fffc78fbf611748b90f21.jpg

Furthermore, the airplane somehow flies much too lightly. When I move my joystick a little, the airplane swings out very far and somehow feels "light". I have never changed my joystick settings because all the airplanes so far have given a very good "feeling of flying". By default. Or should the airplane just fly like that? 

I find the documentation on the autopilot in the manual a little too unsatisfactory. I have already watched one or two tutorials, but I would like to be able to read a little more about it? Maybe someone has a tip for me. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, theex0r said:

Hello everyone! I'm pretty excited about the plane so far, but I've noticed a few things that bother me a bit or I haven't figured out how to adjust them yet: 

My seat position is way too low. It feels like my head is right in front of the instruments. I hope the screenshots make it clear what I mean. 

Furthermore, the airplane somehow flies much too lightly. When I move my joystick a little, the airplane swings out very far and somehow feels "light". I have never changed my joystick settings because all the airplanes so far have given a very good "feeling of flying". By default. Or should the airplane just fly like that? 

I find the documentation on the autopilot in the manual a little too unsatisfactory. I have already watched one or two tutorials, but I would like to be able to read a little more about it? Maybe someone has a tip for me. 

A search for A300-600 FCOM will provide you endless opportunities for reading enjoyment, including deep dives into the FMC.  The A310 has the same FMC as the A300-600. 

Airbus A300 FCOM - Documents - Avsim.su (avsimrus.com)

theairlinepilots.com/forumarchive/a310/a310vol1rev40.pdf

You won't find or get any better documentation than you can find yourself. 

• Thanks 1
Mark "Crabby" Crabtree AAL311 | PHL
I7-9700KF | 2070 Super | Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo | MFG Crosswind

logo_130208.png

9 hours ago, Crabby said:

A search for A300-600 FCOM will provide you endless opportunities for reading enjoyment, including deep dives into the FMC.  The A310 has the same FMC as the A300-600. 

Airbus A300 FCOM - Documents - Avsim.su (avsimrus.com)

theairlinepilots.com/forumarchive/a310/a310vol1rev40.pdf

You won't find or get any better documentation than you can find yourself. 

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I was looking for. 

11 hours ago, Nico - Gumby said:

For the first issue, you should just be able to move your camera, no?

What exactly more do you need from a manual perspective? 🙂

That's right, I found the setting for the camera in the settings. The instructions also helped me. 

Am I alone with the flight characteristics or is that the intention? 

@theex0r have you tried to change your sensitivity settings under your controls? Please remember that. No plane will precisely move slowly and smooth unless you set the sensitivity according to your individual needs. Try that out and let us know how it works. Cheers 

Windows 11 Home Insider Preview 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 10700K @ 3.80GHz 
RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI

ATI AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB Gigabyte)

2 hours ago, Marcocessna84 said:

@theex0r have you tried to change your sensitivity settings under your controls? Please remember that. No plane will precisely move slowly and smooth unless you set the sensitivity according to your individual needs. Try that out and let us know how it works. Cheers 

I haven't actually done that yet. So far, all airplanes have felt different when flying. Do you know if the settings are saved for the specific aircraft or in general? 

@theex0r the settings are under the controller settings top left look for sensitivity. There you can make adjustments to the X,Y axis. That should help with it. Cheers

Windows 11 Home Insider Preview 64-bit
CPU Intel Core i7 10700K @ 3.80GHz 
RAM 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard MPG Z490 GAMING EDGE WIFI

ATI AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT 12GB Gigabyte)