List of problems( Airbus A320N)

Mario Manole

Hello guys, 

first of all I would like to congratulate you, for the new realise of the A320N.

The plane feels nice, especially for the XBOX users I think it’s one of the best, if not the best so far, it’s an incredible step from the ASOBO one, no comparison can keep up. So, as being said, I enjoyed flying this plane for the last couple of days and I found many bugs, maybe too many, that can put a tiny little dot on this plane.

Framerate: the plane feels a little bit laggy, especially on Xbox, and compared to the A310, it get worst. I know Xbox has a limited power compared to PC, but I believe for sure there is way for improvement. It’s very disturbing especially during landing, you can get 2-3 sec of microfreeze and can ruin your flight.

Taxi: the plane feels glued to the ground, no movement on horizontal axe not so ever, it feels like the car from dr. Parking. The problem disappears when the wheels are disconnected, this means that the work on rudder and flight model is great, just a little bit more of work for the ground part.

Spoilers: or should I say no spoilers at all, for sure it’s a known issue, so I will not keep with it.

Freezings and Dark Instruments: for me is the worst one. The problem of instruments freezing appears on long flights, and it’s very very frustrating, last time my 4H flight was ruined because of this, instrument didn’t disappear but they just freezed, combined with the issue that on every turnaround you get the black screens, and the flight is junked, sim restart is necessary, and you lose a grate amount of hours.

LNAV: it happened twice, both on descend that the LNAV just didn’t keep the route, just continued straight, the issue was solved just disarming arming the AP again so no big problems here.

BRAKE FAN: after landing is impossible to cool off your brakes, temperature keeps increasing and brake fan does very little to no effect on brakes, therefore delay takeoff need to be done. This issue appears even with low AB and low weight.

EFB: Pushback doesn’t work, this is also a known issue so I will keep up.

PROBLEMS FOLLOWING GREEN DOT AND G/S: this is an issue that I permanently saw on the flight, the plane continuously goes up and down on the descend path or g/s. It’s feels like loosing then trying to catch it again, overdoes and so on, not maintaining a stable path.

Things i would like to see:

-efb checklist for the A320

-Xbox pad AP disconnect button, you cannot disconnect it with the button since it will give the AP warning till you disconnect it from the side stick

metar request for MCDU

This said I would like to say that I’m aware this plane is a Beta, for this reason I wrote this post, because I absolutely loved it till now, but I couldn’t enjoy it to the fullest because of the points write above. Therefore I think it can become for sure a great plane, if not the best for us XBOX Users but some things needs to be fixed.

have nice flights✌️

• Like 2
  • iniBuilds 1

15 hours ago, Aussiepilot said:

I have had this aircraft freeze MSFS 2020 on my Series X but only when I have a flight plan in the FMC.  Mine will freeze the program at any stage of the climb or cruise.  The brakes certainly get hot however A320 use fans drawing in ambient temp so it can take a while as well as avoiding cooling too fast and damaging the brake rotors and assembly.  That said, on mine with brakes showing 320C and brake fan on it comes down very slowly until maybe 300C then it suddenly shows the brake rotors at local ambient temps.  This doesn't seem correct but I'd have to confirm with an A320 ops manual.  However it is a fantastic work of coding!  Highly impressed!

The freezing issue appears for me only when using DIRECT TO on the fmc and just when I insert manually the next waypoint, when I used the preselected ones on the route it doesn’t freeze. Strange

• Like 1

Mario,

You can bind an autopilot disconnect command on Xbox to stop the alarm, you never have to touch the side stick.

I had to do this with the a310 but I believe the bind is a bit different in the A320.

I currently have "Toggle Auto Pilot Disconnect" and "Set Autopilot Disconnect" bound to the same button on the controller, this allows me to fly the A310 AND the A320 and use the same button to disconnect the autopilot on both and silence the alarm.

You can do what I do and assign both of the above to the same button or I believe just bind "Set Autopilot off" and you can then disconnect the A320 with no alarms.

There's no reason not to bind both toggle autopilot off and set autopilot off on the same button though since this will allow you to disconnect the auto pilot on any high Fidelity aircraft / airliner and silence the alarms, so far this works with the a310, a320, 737, and 146.

Anyway I hope this helps you there and anyone else that's having trouble silencing the autopilot disconnect alarm.

On 11/22/2023 at 12:02 PM, Mario Manole said:

Hello guys, 

first of all I would like to congratulate you, for the new realise of the A320N.

The plane feels nice, especially for the XBOX users I think it’s one of the best, if not the best so far, it’s an incredible step from the ASOBO one, no comparison can keep up. So, as being said, I enjoyed flying this plane for the last couple of days and I found many bugs, maybe too many, that can put a tiny little dot on this plane.

Framerate: the plane feels a little bit laggy, especially on Xbox, and compared to the A310, it get worst. I know Xbox has a limited power compared to PC, but I believe for sure there is way for improvement. It’s very disturbing especially during landing, you can get 2-3 sec of microfreeze and can ruin your flight.

Taxi: the plane feels glued to the ground, no movement on horizontal axe not so ever, it feels like the car from dr. Parking. The problem disappears when the wheels are disconnected, this means that the work on rudder and flight model is great, just a little bit more of work for the ground part.

Spoilers: or should I say no spoilers at all, for sure it’s a known issue, so I will not keep with it.

Freezings and Dark Instruments: for me is the worst one. The problem of instruments freezing appears on long flights, and it’s very very frustrating, last time my 4H flight was ruined because of this, instrument didn’t disappear but they just freezed, combined with the issue that on every turnaround you get the black screens, and the flight is junked, sim restart is necessary, and you lose a grate amount of hours.

LNAV: it happened twice, both on descend that the LNAV just didn’t keep the route, just continued straight, the issue was solved just disarming arming the AP again so no big problems here.

BRAKE FAN: after landing is impossible to cool off your brakes, temperature keeps increasing and brake fan does very little to no effect on brakes, therefore delay takeoff need to be done. This issue appears even with low AB and low weight.

EFB: Pushback doesn’t work, this is also a known issue so I will keep up.

PROBLEMS FOLLOWING GREEN DOT AND G/S: this is an issue that I permanently saw on the flight, the plane continuously goes up and down on the descend path or g/s. It’s feels like loosing then trying to catch it again, overdoes and so on, not maintaining a stable path.

Things i would like to see:

-efb checklist for the A320

-Xbox pad AP disconnect button, you cannot disconnect it with the button since it will give the AP warning till you disconnect it from the side stick

metar request for MCDU

This said I would like to say that I’m aware this plane is a Beta, for this reason I wrote this post, because I absolutely loved it till now, but I couldn’t enjoy it to the fullest because of the points write above. Therefore I think it can become for sure a great plane, if not the best for us XBOX Users but some things needs to be fixed.

have nice flights✌️

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 6:22 AM, Easy301 said:

Mario,

You can bind an autopilot disconnect command on Xbox to stop the alarm, you never have to touch the side stick.

I had to do this with the a310 but I believe the bind is a bit different in the A320.

I currently have "Toggle Auto Pilot Disconnect" and "Set Autopilot Disconnect" bound to the same button on the controller, this allows me to fly the A310 AND the A320 and use the same button to disconnect the autopilot on both and silence the alarm.

You can do what I do and assign both of the above to the same button or I believe just bind "Set Autopilot off" and you can then disconnect the A320 with no alarms.

There's no reason not to bind both toggle autopilot off and set autopilot off on the same button though since this will allow you to disconnect the auto pilot on any high Fidelity aircraft / airliner and silence the alarms, so far this works with the a310, a320, 737, and 146.

Anyway I hope this helps you there and anyone else that's having trouble silencing the autopilot disconnect alarm.

There is indeed a function on the EFB of the A310 to do this but not on the A320, at least for me, that’s why I asked if it will be possible to add this feature also on this plane))

• 3 months later...
23 hours ago, 2Face1203 said:

Moin , jo nicht nur das , er erkennt meine simbrief ID nicht , keine Möglichkeit nen Flugplan zu laden , ist das was bekannt ?

16 hours ago, FordPrefect said:

Ich habe meinen simbrief Username eingegeben, funktioniert einwandfrei.

Hey guys,

Please post in English only on this forum! 🙏
But yes, use your  Simbrief username (alpha-numeric) instead of the  Pilot ID (numbers only). 

On 11/23/2023 at 4:02 AM, Mario Manole said:

I’m aware this plane is a Beta, for this reason I wrote this post

Thank you for your post. We depend on feedback/reports like yours to help improve the product wherever possible. 🙏

On 11/23/2023 at 4:02 AM, Mario Manole said:

Per our team:
"We have accurately simulated this. The heat is inside the brake assembly and has to radiate out. This was all taken from real timings / data on the 320.
Carbon brakes on the 320 are expected to only start to show a large temp rise about 5/6 mins after landing and you will expect them to reach peak temps when you are on stand with engines off even.
"

We've noted the other reported issues and will look into these. Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
IniBuilds Community Team Member & Tester