Scenery listed as "Not installed"

tr3y4rch

Hi inibuilds Team ! 

I've purchased EGSS scenery couple days ago, and I'm failing to install it into MSFS. Manually deleting the folder doesn't seem to coincide with the simulator neither does uninstalling via the inimanager. It shows the scenery in the content manager but only as "not installed" though it is. If there's a fix for that; that would be great :)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, tr3y4rch said:

Hi inibuilds Team ! 

I've purchased EGSS scenery couple days ago, and I'm failing to install it into MSFS. Manually deleting the folder doesn't seem to coincide with the simulator neither does uninstalling via the inimanager. It shows the scenery in the content manager but only as "not installed" though it is. If there's a fix for that; that would be great :)

This is a core problem with this version of the airport. I've not seen any comment yet from inibuilds officially, but you're not alone. It's a great airport, just v1.0.6 is a bit broken at the moment. Got the same issues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tr3y4rch said:

Hi inibuilds Team ! 

I've purchased EGSS scenery couple days ago, and I'm failing to install it into MSFS. Manually deleting the folder doesn't seem to coincide with the simulator neither does uninstalling via the inimanager. It shows the scenery in the content manager but only as "not installed" though it is. If there's a fix for that; that would be great 🙂

I've noticed that it's not actually loading the scenery into my game. Looking at dev mode there is no hook for the EGSS scenery to load from the community folder. It's there, installed via the inimanager but it's just not being loaded by the simulator.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled three times via the inimanger with no luck.

Yeah, for whatever reason the update didn't pull the correct layout.json file. It is supposed to be 431KB in size.

Could you - or maybe did you already - try to uninstall and reinstall the scenery to see if it pulls the correct file?

Alternatively you can regenerate a new layout.json file with this program here: https://github.com/HughesMDflyer4/MSFSLayoutGenerator

I've run the ms layout generator. layout.json file is now 418kb, will test to see if scenery now loads up. There's some sort of issue with it pulling the correct one from the CDN and I'd inspect the files on the server, because surely the inimanger just pulls a directory to my PC and shoves it in the community folder?

On 9/17/2023 at 11:02 AM, philipe said:

Hi

I have exact same issue as outlined above and I have tried reinstalling with no luck.

I will wait for update to fix the issue.

Thanks

Could you please press CTRL + I when having the manager open, switch to console in the top right corner, download the scenery again and afterwards copy&paste the output of the console here?

Can I join in with exactly the same problem? Tried the GitHub file but I didn't understand it, dragging the Json file onto the downloaded executable did nothing but turn all my screens gray forcing a restart. I just want an automatic simple solution please, I'm a simmer not a computer programmer. 🙂

Thanks

• Like 2

Replace this layout file with the one on your drive and it should work. This only is confirmed to be working with all scenery configs enabled.

As your file was smaller, I‘m guessing you turned some options off, could you tell me which those are?

And thanks for providing the log, unfortunately there was nothing helpful in there… 😞

layout.json