Heavy elevation issues

Tang0

I have asked for help several weeks ago on the discord server but nothing really helped. I have this issues since release and makes half the airport unusable. Especially both runways (21L/R) and the taxiways nearby are affected. This is the only scenery I have with elevation issues so it has nothing to do with streaming photgrammetry. I don't have any other scenery in Detroit. 

Would be nice if I can finally use this airport.

Thanks for helping!

FlightSimulator_etkI4xxlIu.png

FlightSimulator_X2Au3k6ctC.png

Oh wow, that looks rough. Couple Questions:

What are you graphic settings? I wanna see if I can replicate it with the exact same ones

As this honestly looks like a LOD issue to me, can you please enable Developer Mode, then Debug, then tick "Force enable active LOD" and set it to 0 and see if the issue persists?

Also does the issue persist if you actually taxi to those regions or only if you are in the drone cam?

5 hours ago, gumbyger said:

Oh wow, that looks rough. Couple Questions:

What are you graphic settings? I wanna see if I can replicate it with the exact same ones

As this honestly looks like a LOD issue to me, can you please enable Developer Mode, then Debug, then tick "Force enable active LOD" and set it to 0 and see if the issue persists?

Also does the issue persist if you actually taxi to those regions or only if you are in the drone cam?

Hello gumby,

thanks for helping. Attached you will find my graphic settings. I already had enabled "Force enable active LOD" and it was set to 0. 

Taxiing over these strange regions is doing what it should. Plane goes into flipper mode and flips like hell 😄

FlightSimulator_0yyOJBWSVk.png

FlightSimulator_OoSvqRugWR.png

FlightSimulator_BNrc0qjn2K.png

4 hours ago, iniBuilds said:

Just to add, we have not seen this issue at all with any other users.. so we must try and repro your conditions..

Unfortunately still a rollercoaster

FlightSimulator_ETnj33KiuA.thumb.png.f3c0d5e3ffb6cdcffe5ca55ec3558508.png

Edited by Tang0

4 hours ago, gumbyger said:

mmh, if turning Bing Data off fixes it.. Did you also already try to extending / deleting your rolling cache?

I have deactivated rolling cache since many months but anyways I deleted the empty one in menu.

Nothing changed

So I've talked to the scenery guys internally a bit and we figured that the map geometry data doesn't - for whatever reason - fully download in the area.

You could try downloading it manually and see if that fixes the issue for you. You can follow this tutorial here: https://www.polygon.com/microsoft-flight-simulator-guide/21396419/download-maps-local-manual-cache-save-data-streaming-cap

Lemme know if this works 🙂

• 3 weeks later...

Good evening, I have manually downloaded map geometry as instructed in this tutorial. It might has a little bit improved however, it still seems that it cannot load fast enough.

Very strange as this is the very only area in sim I am aware of (not in NYC, LA, ...) 

• 1 month later...
On 5/31/2023 at 3:52 PM, Tang0 said:

Any update? Still have errors

Heya again!

Can you please reset your scenery priority order in the sim?

Enable Dev Mode, then click Tools, select Scenery package order (WIP) and click reset at the top.

I'm afraid if this doesn't help really only a reinstall of the sim can (hopefully) solve the issue.

On 6/2/2023 at 1:58 PM, gumbyger said:

Heya again!

Can you please reset your scenery priority order in the sim?

Enable Dev Mode, then click Tools, select Scenery package order (WIP) and click reset at the top.

I'm afraid if this doesn't help really only a reinstall of the sim can (hopefully) solve the issue.

I reset my scenery priority and nothing changed. In early may I resetted my whole pc and upgraded to Windows 11. Unfortunately this does not help either. Still the exact same elevation issue as seen above.