Possible Sim Rate problems with only this aircraft

Jackson

The first time I took off Sim Rate didn't work at all. I couldn't speed up time, or slow it down. I thought maybe it did not work with this aircraft although that'd be a first... 

The second time I took off Sim Rate worked fine. It went up and down and then I left it on 4x as it was a long flight. As I neared my destination it no long worked. I was stuck at 4x and seemingly had no way out of it. 

I did try again. For a while I was able to switch back and forth between 1x and 2x but eventually it did stick on 2x. I tried for quite a while various things to get it to come down but it wouldn't. I made a half way acceptable landing on 2x and once parked, oddly enough it went down to 1x for me. 

I've found (on both the An-225 and the A310) that using simrate by pressing R and then the plus and minus key for the speed doesn't work. But I assigned keys to directly increase and decrease sim rate (ie. ctrl-+ to increase it without having to press R first) and that works. 🙂

8 hours ago, Ruffen said:

I've found (on both the An-225 and the A310) that using simrate by pressing R and then the plus and minus key for the speed doesn't work. But I assigned keys to directly increase and decrease sim rate (ie. ctrl-+ to increase it without having to press R first) and that works. 🙂

I only see one binding for Sim Rate. There is no up and down. How would i set this up?

Too bad we can't use high sim rate. 

With pmdg 737 I can use x8 (in straight course, had to reduce at turning points) and even x16 over sea and low density areas. Very useful to do long haul flight that I couldn't do in real time otherwise. 

30 minutes ago, gumbyger said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think PMDG uses CFD yet, correct? This will most likely be the cause how they can achieve a high simrate like that.

They indeed use their own external flightmodel.