Parking brake on = chocks

YoYo
Go to solution Solved by tinyalien,

Hi, 

can you give this option? I think its a good idea and it is used in many models.

Taifun hasnt parking brake, but pls think about this:

you can use MSFS parking brake (LShift+B in my MSFS) to stop the plane and in this situation chocks will appear, like this:

spacer.png

In cold and dark (so parked), are ON from the beginning, the user disables it. Chocks are always used in this situation, and they are not here.

Edited by YoYo
  • Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

• YoYo changed the title to Parking brake on = chocks

Thank You for update in 1.01.!

Just can you connect it with parking brake in MSFS too so not only in tablet to enable it/remove it? Parking brake is "LShift+G" on my MSFS for example. It is much simpler and faster.

Additionally request - in parking mode (Cold and Dark situation, not hot start) chocks were always visible and enable 🙂? Otherwise, the model can slip from slightly inclined airfields. Thank You.

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Now the chocks are on the EFB but it is very finnicky to get something clicked there especially with head tracking. Could it be tied to the parking brake key? That would be very comfortable. Also the default enable when on cold and dark is a very good idea, I always see me shooting all across the field when the engine starts lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gumbyger said:

No, this unfortunately is not possible. We had to use an alternate logic to not mess things up at another end.

Its possible, Few addons have this, like for example Got Friends PZL-104 Wilga. If you can pls do it, it not - we can life with this ;)! Thank you.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

@gumbyger

Ok thanks for the information about that. And I would have another thing. My throttle quadrants are a little flickery and while the throttle lever is no problem if it jitters a bit, the crank for the propeller has big jitters (maybe tue to the ratio of axis input to crank revolutions) and also is permanently in view so it really affects the immersion. Is there a possibility to maybe add some filter so that not every little axis jitter gets translated into immediate movement of the crank? Or maybe to reduce the resulting movement so it does not flicker around 20 degrees or so? I have also seen in in videos on youtube that other people have some flickering in their controller axis and get these jitters of the crank. Or maybe tune the crank so that the entire axis range is covered with one revolution so a small jitter is less noticable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/8/2023 at 9:37 AM, No4124485 said:

@gumbyger

Ok thanks for the information about that. And I would have another thing. My throttle quadrants are a little flickery and while the throttle lever is no problem if it jitters a bit, the crank for the propeller has big jitters (maybe tue to the ratio of axis input to crank revolutions) and also is permanently in view so it really affects the immersion. Is there a possibility to maybe add some filter so that not every little axis jitter gets translated into immediate movement of the crank? Or maybe to reduce the resulting movement so it does not flicker around 20 degrees or so? I have also seen in in videos on youtube that other people have some flickering in their controller axis and get these jitters of the crank. Or maybe tune the crank so that the entire axis range is covered with one revolution so a small jitter is less noticable.

Heya 🙂

Yeah, I´ve noticed that as well with my x56. I´ll put it onto our wishlist for consideration 🙂

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, gumbyger said:

The system to get chocks didn't change from the last update..

Yes, as I wrote, it's ok the tablet you have 2 places for this. My foul.

Im still thinking taht will be better to do with parking brake like this:

1/ on = shortkey for parking brake on (LShift+B) = chocks appears and invisble parking brake is starting to hold the plane. 

2/ off = 3D model of chocks dissapears, the plane is free.

The logic is basically simple and no issue to create this coding. 😉

Its possible and we have it in few addons for MSFS.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif