iniBuilds NZQN affecting Queenstown photogrammetry in New Zealand World Update

Crazydoc

Good evening,

First off, thank you to the developers at iniBuilds for all your hard work and passion for the sceneries you create. I own several of your sceneries for MSFS, and I think they are amongst the best you can buy. NZQN - Queenstown is no exception. That said, I need to mention that the iniBuilds NZQN scenery interferes somehow with the new photogrammetry for Queenstown in the MSFS New Zealand World Update. When I have iniBuilds NZQN enabled, a lot of the Queenstown 3d buildings vanish, making for a flat scenery; also, the elevation at the Skyline Queenstown landmark is messed up to where it really messes with the landmark. When the iniBuilds scenery is disabled, the 3d buildings return and the Skyline Queenstown landmark looks as it should. Just thought that y'all should be made aware so that hopefully a compatibility update can be created. Thanks again for all you do for flight simming!

-Crazydoc

20230223230409_1.jpg

20230223225400_1.jpg

Came here to make sure that someone had pointed this out already as it's a shame that it's been impacted and would be good to get it back to its full glory.

As well as the buildings missing I've also noticed a texture issue where the colour of the grass on the airfield is very different to the surrounding area and a few parts look a bit funny as though the texture is missing completely. Unfortunately don't have a screenshot of it at the moment but hopefully it's easy to reproduce. 

3 hours ago, gumbyger said:

We were not part of any WU12 beta. Correct me if I am wrong, but there are only beta programs for SU, right?

As far as I am aware, the MSFS beta program only covers Sim Updates (SU). There is no such program for World Updates; thus, 3rd party developers (e.g., iniBuilds) in general are not going to see how the WU affects their scenery (or vice versa) until the update comes out. I don't fault anyone for the incompatibilities that came out of the woodwork with the new update...these things happen, and I have no doubt that they will be addressed in due course.

Hi there,

In some ways I’m pleased it’s not just me experiencing issues! For me most of the airfield seems ok, however the runway 23 approach has issues with the terrain where it displays as a solid spikey triangle which reverts back to the normal terrain in close proximity before popping back to the sharp spikey ‘pyramids’. I’ll attach a screenshot to illustrate. 
Otherwise it’s a fantastic scenery, hopefully a fix isn’t too difficult to implement.

F23A4C1B-0B39-486E-8E55-B76938034B77.jpeg

F6E59063-69B9-4EF7-AC03-1C95DDF533FE.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 2:54 AM, Jasenzed said:

the runway 23 approach has issues with the terrain where it displays as a solid spikey triangle which reverts back to the normal terrain in close proximity before popping back to the sharp spikey ‘pyramids’.

i am seeing this also, in fact i found this forum just now to report it, i am pleased to see that it's already known. it's pretty funny they spike up right in front of the runway thus obscuring it from view right about when you reach minimums on the rnav into there haha

cheers

2 hours ago, gumbyger said:

Version 1.0.1 is now available on the iniManager to fix the issues, enjoy! 🙂

Simmarket has been submitted as well, awaiting their approval.

Excellent FAST Work!!! Many thanks! 🙂

• 2 months later...

Hello

I would like to know if you are aware of this issue...

Lots of "blocky" stuff, looks like photogrammetry never ending to take shape. There a big area like this

I uninstalled and reinstalled with no avail.

z1UlPqv.jpg

MHt5BmR.jpg

Thanks in advance for any advice

Cheers

Carlos