APU FAULT: EMER SHUT DN

colman

First day with the A310 and trying to learn as I go off of tutorials and checklists to go from Cold & Dark to full startup and flying, so forgive what is probably a stupid question.

I get the APU fired up and generating power to keep the plane alive while I run through checklists and set up the FMS, and every time, without fail, 10-15 minutes later, the APU goes into emergency shutdown and will not restart. I've tried starting from cold and dark, starting from the On-APU state, and it always shuts down.

Is there something obvious that I might be missing in my startup config that would make this happen?

Just cleared my ECAM warnings and the APU still does not appear to function. I guess for now I'm using the air start cart.

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I have the same problem, it's when I load fuel and cargo with the tablet, when I click, GPU turn's automatically off and when i turn it back on, I have that massage "APU Fault, EMRG SHT DWN". It works but only without loading the plane with the tablet......... Any solution ???