Performance issues and speed bleed

jamie13

Good job on the Warhawk, at it's price point it is of much higher quality than I  expected. However,  I  am having 2 specific issues while flying it. First, it seems to heavily hit my performance, and I wonder if anyone else is experiencing that. Heat blur possibly? Secondly, it seems to hold its speed relative to throttle input much longer than what is plausible. It will hang above 200mph for an eternity at idle. 

• Like 1

Hey Jamie,

Thanks for your feedback.

Can you please let us know your system specs and what fps you are getting, where are you, what custom scenery, etc.

In terms of speed, can you please detail what you were doing, descent rate, clean configuration or flaps and gear, etc?

Many thanks

Core 15 12600 3060 ti quest 2.  Don't keep track of fps. No custom scenery.  I simply notice less smooth graphics when I'm flying the warhawk. It could be my imagination, but I  don't think it is. That's why I  asked if anyone else had the issue. I will keep investigating on my end.  As far as the speed issue goes, let's say I'm coming in to land in a clean configuration at 220 mph.  I reduce mp to idle and it just does not bleed off speed like I believe it would. BTW, like most, I have never flew a Warhawk in real life, it just doesn't seem plausible to me.  Again,  great work on this airplane.  

On 12/8/2022 at 6:30 PM, jamie13 said:

Core 15 12600 3060 ti quest 2.  Don't keep track of fps. No custom scenery.  I simply notice less smooth graphics when I'm flying the warhawk. It could be my imagination, but I  don't think it is. That's why I  asked if anyone else had the issue. I will keep investigating on my end.  As far as the speed issue goes, let's say I'm coming in to land in a clean configuration at 220 mph.  I reduce mp to idle and it just does not bleed off speed like I believe it would. BTW, like most, I have never flew a Warhawk in real life, it just doesn't seem plausible to me.  Again,  great work on this airplane.  

Thanks for the specs, I'm not seeing performance issues with the Quest 2. Are you using the link cable or air link?

Also that speed is too fast for entry into the pattern, She is a heavy bird designed to keep speed during dives and descent.

You can follow the in-sim checklists which will give indications on speed for landing:

Approach at 140mph with flaps half down, landing touch down at 115mph with full flaps.

Also if you watch a lot of videos on the P-40F you'll see they normally do a run in break over the runway to bleed off speed to get into the pattern.

image.thumb.png.47de1abbca44210daab8598c582eb80a.png

image.thumb.png.9889a2c830a4424b52400e09b812cca9.png

As far as performance goes, I  am seeing normal smoothness now(reduction of heat blur might have helped) and as I  am becoming more comfortable with the speed characteristics of bird, it's making more sense to me.  Thank you very much for the support.  Other developers could learn  a lot from you guys.

• Like 1

• Ells locked this topic