Aircraft systems stopped working after using MCDU.

Wise87

Sure, I can duplicate it each time. I was flying from KDTW to KATL in the Delta A310. I was about to start my arrival into Atlanta on the ONDRE1.HAINZ arrival. I was programing the MCDU to cross ONDRE at 250/130. Being a FMC guy I used the RIGHT LSK on ONDRE to ENTER 250/130 but nothing changed. Then I used the LEFT LSK on ONDRE and the next window open. I see VIA GOTO [   ]/[       ]. I enter 250/130 in the keypad and select the LSK. Noting populated in the [   ]/[       ] window and this is when everything stops working. I can repeat this every time. I did it two more times just to confirm but I did not take off from KDTW. I simply loaded the plane ready for takeoff, imported my flight plan, added my SID and STAR and then went directly to ONDRE to add my crossing restriction  as if I was in flight. As soon as I did all the buttons stopped working. The flight controls still worked but the instruments were reading funny and buttons stopped responding. When this happens in flight and I push the yoke down to descend, again only the flight controls work, the long needle will move but the small needle on the altitude guage stays frozen. Hope this helps. 

When I press the RSK next on ONDRE, this window appearsimage.png.7dc0f2ebd7f0018a11c8c2dc71cc69c8.png

Weird, that it wouldn´t for you.

However, I can replicate the FMC crash, when entering those numbers into the VIA GOTO field (which btw, is used to enter waypoints, which somewhat explains why it crashes - it should however just output NOT ALLOWED) and this should be fixed 🙂

I think I see where my user error was with the MCDU but you you are correct, even if I enter the incorrect information into the MCDU, it should say NOT ALLOWED and not crash the MCDU. I'm use to other FMC/MCDU to where I simply enter a speed/altitude and just select the RIGHT LSK next to that point. My error on the A310 was entering 250/130 and hitting the RIGHT LSK and when the direct entry didn't work I selected the LEFT LSK next to ONDRE when I should have hit the RIGHT LSK first. I'm glad this will be addressed in a future update. 

• Like 1