Adjusting Brightness?

bhorv67

sorry, v5.1 HF2. I'm using quite a few of the profiles. For instance, at any of the FSDT airports, the night lighting is way too bright for my taste. I'm just looking to bring the overall brightness down on just the night lighting a bit.

Thanks 

On 12/3/2020 at 11:26 AM, Kevin B said:

you have to modify each effect to be able to reduce the brightness, or you may have too much brightness. Can you send a photo please?

Sure attached. Note that I don't use any shader mod software. The lighting brightness is 1.0.

This just seems unusually bright to me. 

2020-12-8_19-21-21-827.jpg

2020-12-8_19-21-28-369.jpg

2020-12-8_19-31-43-511.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Kevin,

I just installed my very first inibuild DL package for LFMN, following your instructions.

First of all, thank you for this great service!

However in my case, the scenery (Apron) still looks too dark. DL and HDR is activated.

Would I have to adjust the HDR values within P3D? Or is there a way to change certain parameters in some ini or cfg files?

Thanks,

Michael

H Kevin,

loading the scenery again, I believe I made something wrong. No lights at all.

On the TopDown pic you only see the roof of the terminal building and the street lights behind the airport.
On the Tower pic, you only see a part of the tail from an aI aircraft.

Michael

LFMN_TopDown.JPG

LFMN_Tower.JPG

Edited by michael1508

Hi Kevin,

yes, I have. Just to be sure:

1) I copied all effects from the downloaded effects library folder into the P3d effect folder > so I added 62 files. There was no overwriting ask and I didn't delete the existing p3d files.

2) I copied the bgl file for LFMN into the LFMN .../scenery folder and renamed the original DL file to "dyn_lgt_LFMN.BGL.orig"

3) P3D.cfg and settings for scenery effects changed according to your manual

I also tried with an JustSim EDDL and with Aerosoft LIMC. Never saw a difference to the original (Justsim Airports generally dark / Aerosoft airport has DL on, but unchanged)

I guess, I am missing out something in general. I am using ENVTex/Envshade. Would this matter?

Thanks,

Michael