Missing AVX Support on my CPU prevents the A310 from loading?

Bob57

Hi Guys, I already had written on discord and to your support Team. Is it possible, that your A310-300 only works on CPU´s that have AVX Support? I have read that on the FS Forum.

All the High End Aircraft like PMDG, Fenix, FlyByWire, Just Flight, Kodiak and more work lovely on my old Machine. No Problems and FPS 25-35 with Ultra Settings. So if your A310 only works with AVX Support I will have to delete it from my FS and that would be really sad.

• Thanks 1

Yes, what you read on the forum is correct. Due to the encryption, AVX is needed to load the A310.
I know it sucks to hear this, and yes I know, that your CPU still works with the sim and plenty of other aircraft.

But unfortunately your CPU is not within the minimum requirements of the sim so we can´t really do anything here.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Im sorry to say this, but AVX has been industry standard since 2011. You won´t need the latest and greatest hardware to have this feature. But if your CPU is older than 11 years I don´t think you get to complain.

Again, your CPU is not within the minimum requirements of the sim, it´s unfortunate, but there is nothing we can do for now.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Where does it say AVX is a requirement?  This is bait and switch as far as I'm concerned.  I have a Xeon 5660 (part of i7 line which meets minimum requirements) that can run this sim on 4K Ultra at 30 fps so why should I have to get a new processor that wasn't even required?

Inibuilds, please fix this.  You will lose out sales because there are plenty of players who still have older processors that don't support AVX.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel i5-4460 | AMD Ryzen 3 1200
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 770 | AMD Radeon RX 570
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 150 GB available space
    • VR Support: SteamVR, Oculus PC, or OpenXR. Keyboard and mouse required
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel i5-8400 | AMD Ryzen 5 1500X
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 | AMD Radeon RX 590
    • DirectX: Version 11
    • Storage: 150 GB available space
  • Like 1

The CPU requirement for the sim says "Intel Core i5-4460 or AMD Ryzen 3 1200 or better"

The 2 5690s I run would definitely be considered "better" than either, and they max out the sim fine. Nowhere has AVX ever been listed as a requirement.

A compatibility option for legacy chips absolutely needs to be added.

• Like 1

Best to bring that up on the MSFS forums/Ticket system as the A310 is bundled within the sim so the Encryption is forced upon it.

Unless iniBuilds decide to sell a standalone version, their hands are tied. 

Alternatively, MS/Asobo need to update their requirements page...

• Like 1

To be honest, I don´t even think they need to update them, as they want a 4th gen CPU (Intel) or a 1st gen Ryzen CPU. This includes all the features those CPU possess, AVX included. They specifically don´t quote any core counts or GHz speeds.

Both those CPUs listed above are Legacy Xeon Processors, so 5 generations prior to the one wanted.

• Sad 1

Guys we really should bombard the official forums with this and get them to fix this.  I'm not sure if anyone set up a bug thread for this to vote on.  

btw - voting is the dumbest way to prioritize bug fixes because the majority of the 10 million MSFS pilots don't participate in their official forum.

Edited by Manchild
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

it's ridiculous that you need this AVX! Why don't other planes need this encryption? I hope you don't make more planes like this using this method because people won't pay for something that doesn't work!!!

It is not true that this cannot be unlocked for those who play with older CPUs

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2023 at 5:27 PM, Manchild said:

I saw this on the official forum.  I took a look but  couldn't figure it out.  It would be great to know if anyone has been able to use this AVX emulator with success on the A310!

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/developer/articles/tool/software-development-emulator.html

I've used this to emulate AVX for a couple newer titles with good performance. I'm not sure it'll work for the aircraft as it doesn't have an EXE. 

However possibly if using this tool for the whole Sim. I will experiment soon and share my findings. 

• Like 1