A300-600 freighter CofG

Hi all, 

Is there a way to calculate the landing Centre of gravity for the A306 freighter? 

I had a strange experience where before TOD, the aircraft wouldn’t hold altitude. She wanted to climb. Then when she did decide to descend, she dropped like a stone. 6,000ft/m. Then up again. 

I believe it was due to the CofG being too far aft, and therefore being out of the flight envelope. 

In the real world I am a flying loadmaster on wide body aircraft, calculating the weight and balance (CofG), so this is kind of my expertise. 

I do have real A306F Loadsheets and trim sheets, but I’m not that dedicated to complete one for my virtual flights 😄

Thanks in advance. 

Matt 

Edited by mattulong

So, I dug out one of my trim sheets for the A306F. 

I was at a landing weight of 124t, and the landing CofG was 31.6. 

*When I asked in the post above for a way to calculate the landing CofG, I meant as in estimated before departing*

Max for that weight looks to be around 32.0. 
So it was close. Maybe too close? 

E0604775-B685-4C76-B393-CE011D0E343D.jpeg

Edited by mattulong

Hi Matt, that's a very good question. I don't believe there is a way (certainly not one I know of) to see one's predicted landing CG. Not in the EFB, at least. If it's possible in the real aircraft to see it somewhere in the FMS it may be modelled, but I'm not sure if there is

Thanks for l your reply. 
I guess I can create a mid/fwd takeoff CofG. That should keep me safe. 

The only way to predict it is, I guess, to use a real world trim sheet. 

• JoshF locked this topic