KLAX missing and wrong items

Acommonsoul

I hope the developers see this... let me clarify and say that I work at KLAX with airport operations.

Things missing I have noticed so far: 

Taxilane L short of K1 is missing the spot 43 ground marking. It is a circle just south of the taxiway hold bar short of K1. 

Taxilane K shoft of K3 is missing the spot 42 ground marking. It also is a circle just north of the taxiway hold bar (facing south) short of K3. 

The building windows for terminal 3 are incorrect. The windows depicted are from the old terminal and not the new one. 

If any of the developers would like photos of these items feel free to reach out. I will add any more items as I notice them.

Thanks

I will take them this weekend for you. Also, at the MSC (Midfield Satellite Concourse) the are between gate 221 and 201 only has an area to drive under the terminal on farthest south and north side. The middle section is building with parking spots. 

2 minutes ago, Acommonsoul said:

I will take them this weekend for you. Also, at the MSC (Midfield Satellite Concourse) the are between gate 221 and 201 only has an area to drive under the terminal on farthest south and north side. The middle section is building with parking spots. 

Thanks! Any and all reference material you can provide us is appreciated. While I of course can't promise you everything will make it in, we'll try our best!

• Like 2

Here are two pics I had a chance to get to. The building is the east side of the Midfield Satellite Concourse where you can see that you can only drive under terminal on the south and north driveways, and not the center area. 

In pic 2 you can see the number 42 painted on taxilane K short of K3. The same kind of marking in on Taxilane L short of K1 (facing North) but is the number 43. Both of these spots are used to have aircraft switch over to the ramp control tower. Typical ATC instruction would be " AAL 31 taxi L so spot 43 and contact the City Ramp on 131.075."

On the south side of the airport, the Private Suites facility is missing. When I have a chance, I will try and get you some photos of that area.

Thanks

MSC East.jpg

Spot 42.jpg

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Acommonsoul said:

Here are two pics I had a chance to get to. The building is the east side of the Midfield Satellite Concourse where you can see that you can only drive under terminal on the south and north driveways, and not the center area. 

In pic 2 you can see the number 42 painted on taxilane K short of K3. The same kind of marking in on Taxilane L short of K1 (facing North) but is the number 43. Both of these spots are used to have aircraft switch over to the ramp control tower. Typical ATC instruction would be " AAL 31 taxi L so spot 43 and contact the City Ramp on 131.075."

On the south side of the airport, the Private Suites facility is missing. When I have a chance, I will try and get you some photos of that area.

Thanks

MSC East.jpg

Spot 42.jpg

Thank you very much, I've logged these and thank you for the reference material, very helpful

• Like 2

Ok here is the next round of pics. First the new front view of Terminal 3.

T3.jpg.74f237f0b5fa1ab56e97e435b60148f7.jpg1174433486_T32.jpg.90ccd8fa13857b3f5abe9e3ff47e057f.jpg

Next is the wall that is supposed to be separating the parking lot to the airfield next to the museum

1942894142_MuseumWall2.jpg.a56cda631c321e9a4dc9dcaa152272c3.jpgMuseum.jpg.e2dae891b2c494271ff7b9c1e30b5c9f.jpg

Finally, the Private Suites VIP area off of Taxiway A on the west side

1030350324_EastsideofP-S.jpg.bedc4a6390f2f14eb2fd766a80d7eed0.jpg

Private Suites starts just West of this

P-S.jpg.9a4c5067485a9d685e8ba498d54e6cce.jpg207691624_P-S2.jpg.a809d2278309a453a8caf75cc5ef3f9e.jpg374335240_P-SWestside.jpg.51fc1bc70cb78b5aa31a538451ccdebc.jpg

Hope these help. 🙂

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2022 at 8:10 PM, Acommonsoul said:

Taxilane L short of K1 is missing the spot 43 ground marking. It is a circle just south of the taxiway hold bar short of K1. 

Taxilane K shoft of K3 is missing the spot 42 ground marking. It also is a circle just north of the taxiway hold bar (facing south) short of K3. 

Hi,
Just looking at these issues over the next couple of days; can you clarify a couple of things?

The 42 and 43 spots; is this the only place they exist? Seems like there should be more of them around the airport. We'll add the marks as a visual reference but obviously, there's no way for us to make the AI ATC respect them as such.

The wall at the museum; do you have any other reference for that? It's a bit difficult to see. Looks like it's a red/white Armco barrier in front of a high dark-beige wall but I can't make out the materials.

Cheers,

Greg

The 43 and 42 marks are only there on the airport. They are a special checkpoint for aircraft entering into the are that is under the control of the city owned ramp control tower. 

the wall at the museum is missing in the current build. In the build you can taxi into the parking lot essentially. The wall continues all the way to the revive road adjacent to taxiway A. I will attach a long distance picture below taken from the ramp control tower. Sorry I won’t have a chance to get over to the museum this week 

image.jpg

Thanks for the further info.

The private suites are already in the current build unless we're not talking about the same thing?

Out of curiosity, what do the numbers 42 and 43 specifically refer to? Seems a bit random and doesn't correlate to anything around the position.

image.thumb.png.07d2674a704df0e09e263ced4cb5973f.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the further info.

The private suites are already in the current build unless we're not talking about the same thing.

Out of curiosity, what do the numbers 42 and 43 specifically refer to? Seems a bit random and doesn't correlate to anything around the position.

Lastly, I realise now what wall you're talking about. For some reason, it's missing from the build but was modelled and should indeed be there!! 

image.thumb.png.07d2674a704df0e09e263ced4cb5973f.png

• Thanks 1

Also, one other detail that would be fun, but not sure I can describe it the best. At E14 for the FedEx Maintenance facility, if you drive down the west side of the building to the back area next to what is the badging building, there is an open area where are the airport operations cars are parked. We back into our spaces for quick deployment and we can fit about 15 cars there. Below is the location on Google earth. 

image.jpg

As far as what spot 43 and 42 refer to, the answer is two fold. One, as mentioned earlier its a reporting spot for aircraft entering the ramp control area on L and K. These are established entry points for north and southbound traffic. Secondly, the reason why those particular numbers is they were each Ops numbers assigned to two of our employees who died, so we used their ops numbers as sort of a memorial for them.

Edited by Acommonsoul
  • Sad 1