Incorrect ILS frequency

DeltaTango1

Good morning (or afternoon)!

On 6/27/2022 at 8:45 AM, DeltaTango1 said:

I just got the DA40NG. The ILS Rwy 19 at ESOW is not correct, the ID "SCD" isn't showing. How can I fix it?

Something I had overlooked when implementing the plugin version of libradio, a library which makes the navaid simulation more realistic, was that it doesn't seem to publish the navaid ID to the default X-Plane dataref. As a result, it doesn't show up on the G1000 by default. The good news is that this has been fixed for v1.1.1, which should be coming soon. In the meantime, you could do one of two workarounds:

• Manually identify the navaid by listening to the frequency and making sure the morse code matches up with what is on the chart (which is a bit tedious, especially when the morse code doesn't seem to be present on the chart like the NDB + DME + ILS 19 in ESOW you mentioned)
  • Remove the "libradio" and "OpenGPWS" plugins from the aircraft's plugin folder and use the default navaid simulation instead
On 6/27/2022 at 8:45 AM, DeltaTango1 said:

Also, no RNP approaches. Why not? Do you use your own Navdata base or? How do I fix this?

The G1000 present in our DA40 is just the default G1000, just with some stuff drawn over it to add some extra functions. It should be able to the same approaches as the default G1000, and uses the default X-Plane 11 database. What RNP approach are you trying to preform?

Navigraph or any other service that provides the default X-Plane navdata format will work. I just tried loading into the DA40 a few times switching between the navdata X-Plane ships with and Navigraph, and it looks like the default navdata doesn't have those RNP approaches. However I do see those approaches with the latest Navigraph data , so I think it's just a case of older navdata.

• Sam locked this topic