livery painting using Photoshop, is it possible?

jimmyshieh

I wanna make some liveries on my own, some fictional liveries for example.

I painted the livery and save it as .DDS, which showed grey painting instead of the ones that I made in the Xplane 11.

Is it possible to paint liveries using Photoshop or it could only be done using Blender for example. I don't konw how to use Blender.

• Like 1

Hi,

I download a paintkit and open it up in photoshop.

Then once I have finished making it, I just convert it pack into a .DDS file and run it in the game. 

To make the liveries come up, you have to make a folder named 'objects' in the livery folder you've made otherwise it won't come up in the game regardless if you have converted it into a .DDS file or not. As for Blender, I'm not sure, sorry.

Hope this helps,

Braniff

710087695_Screenshot(36).png.e7f39548757be24715cc98d981b9faa9.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Braniff said:

Hi,

I download a paintkit and open it up in photoshop.

Then once I have finished making it, I just convert it pack into a .DDS file and run it in the game. 

To make the liveries come up, you have to make a folder named 'objects' in the livery folder you've made otherwise it won't come up in the game regardless if you have converted it into a .DDS file or not. As for Blender, I'm not sure, sorry.

Hope this helps,

Braniff

710087695_Screenshot(36).png.e7f39548757be24715cc98d981b9faa9.png

I did save it as .DDS file and put it in the game

As I mentioned above,  in the livery folder, you need to make another folder in it named 'objects' and put your .DDS files in there. This is because when you generate icons for the aircraft, those PNG images will go outside of the objects folder. 

I had the same issue when I made my first livery. I made a folder named 'Lion Air' and just put the .DDS files in there but it was just coming up as  blank livery in X-Plane. I realised it was because I had to make an 'objects' folder in the 'Lion Air' folder, put the .DDS files in there, then it would come up in X-Plane.

Like this:

125147713_Screenshot(317).png.b39e0729e7776e40cdd34931c142a17c.png

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2022 at 11:47 PM, Braniff said:

As I mentioned above,  in the livery folder, you need to make another folder in it named 'objects' and put your .DDS files in there. This is because when you generate icons for the aircraft, those PNG images will go outside of the objects folder. 

I had the same issue when I made my first livery. I made a folder named 'Lion Air' and just put the .DDS files in there but it was just coming up as  blank livery in X-Plane. I realised it was because I had to make an 'objects' folder in the 'Lion Air' folder, put the .DDS files in there, then it would come up in X-Plane.

Like this:

125147713_Screenshot(317).png.b39e0729e7776e40cdd34931c142a17c.png

i did that, this is what i get .  I tried testing things a little bit. The front half part of the fuselage is grey instead of white. WHatever I painted in photoshop, it is grey. Is it somethings to do the dds.file?958655293__20220610231600.thumb.jpg.e742b8004c1e46885c31cf8a770e51d5.jpg

Edited by jimmyshieh

On 6/11/2022 at 6:44 PM, Braniff said:

Hi Jimmyshieh,

Can please send a screenshot of how you've arranged the DDS files in the folder? This way, I can see what's wrong.

I paint the file and saved it as PNG format and it worked. Maybe it's also okay to use .DDS format but only the correct settings.