2 hours ago2 hr Hi,I would like to report a wrong flight management behavior that I experienced on my last flight.I was taking-off LFMN 04R. As required per SID chart attached, after take off a right turn should be performed toward the first SID waypoint MN044 when reaching 420 ft altitude.Airbus flight management route philosophy is that the route displayed on the ND is dynamically computed so that the trajectory displayed on the ND is the one you will fly with the performance parameters set in the FMS.In the Ini A380, the ND routing dispayed the right turn just above the opposite runway threshold meaning it was expecting that the aircraft would be 420ft above runway to start the turn. But with A380 performances for my flight, it is impossible to reach 420 ft so soon. The FMS should have computed the turn further away. As a result, I overshoot the waypoint because I was only 250ft. Then the FD asked for a sharp right turn in order to rejoin the drawn route instead of direct toward MN044 as it should have computed. On the attached picture :Red line is FMS calculated and depicted route on NDBlue line is what the FMS shoud have computed and drawn on ND, and that the aircraft should have flownGreen line is what I flew by following the FD (keep in mind that I had to ignore FD right turn order at first because it was asking for too low altitude turn until I reached the required 420ft)Hope my explanations are clear enough and that it may help to perfect that great aircraft.Best regards & keep up the good work (I hope you can reach Fenix level with this one 😀)Pierre
Create an account or sign in to comment