Yesterday at 01:58 PM1 day Hi everyone,Enjoying the A340 so far! I have two quick questions regarding some of the automated features and hoping someone can point me in the right direction:Winds: Is there a way to prevent winds from being automatically uploaded/fetched into the FMC?Auto-Trim: Is there an option to disable or override the auto-trim functionality so manual pitch trim is fully under pilot control?Thanks in advance for any tips or settings I might have missed!
Yesterday at 04:59 PM1 day Staff 2 hours ago, felipeturbay said:Hi everyone,Enjoying the A340 so far! I have two quick questions regarding some of the automated features and hoping someone can point me in the right direction:Winds: Is there a way to prevent winds from being automatically uploaded/fetched into the FMC?Auto-Trim: Is there an option to disable or override the auto-trim functionality so manual pitch trim is fully under pilot control?Thanks in advance for any tips or settings I might have missed!Hi,I do not believe there is a way to prevent the winds from being updated, as this is tied to your flightplan import (will verify with the team)I do not believe there is a way to disable the auto-trim feature of the a340. What issues are you having with this?Thanks! Kyle - Community Manager iniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com
8 hours ago8 hr Author Hi Kyle, yes, it would be great to have this as an option in future updates. It adds a lot to the immersion when all the winds are updated automatically.Regarding the auto-trim, I’m referring specifically to the THS trim. Once the engines are running, the trim is currently set automatically. As far as I understand, on aircraft/configurations where the takeoff trim is not automatically set, the crew manually sets the THS trim according to the takeoff CG.It would be great if the automatic trim could be disabled and the user could choose to set the THS trim manually instead, where applicable.
8 hours ago8 hr Staff 10 minutes ago, felipeturbay said:Hi Kyle, yes, it would be great to have this as an option in future updates. It adds a lot to the immersion when all the winds are updated automatically.Regarding the auto-trim, I’m referring specifically to the THS trim. Once the engines are running, the trim is currently set automatically. As far as I understand, on aircraft/configurations where the takeoff trim is not automatically set, the crew manually sets the THS trim according to the takeoff CG.It would be great if the automatic trim could be disabled and the user could choose to set the THS trim manually instead, where applicable.Thanks for the clarification! Will note this on my side and forward to the team for future consideration.Thanks again! Kyle - Community Manager iniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com
3 hours ago3 hr 5 hours ago, felipeturbay said:Regarding the auto-trim, I’m referring specifically to the THS trim. Once the engines are running, the trim is currently set automatically. As far as I understand, on aircraft/configurations where the takeoff trim is not automatically set, the crew manually sets the THS trim according to the takeoff CG.It's automatic on the EIS2 and manual with the EIS1, per the manual. Edited 3 hours ago3 hr by LukeFF
Create an account or sign in to comment