5 hours ago5 hr Hey everyone, I'm pulling my hair out trying to troubleshoot a persistent bug in MSFS 2024 and wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this or has found a workaround.I'm running into an issue where the aileron axis registers completely zero input in the sim's control diagnostic window, meaning physical roll inputs are totally ignored. Meanwhile, the elevator (Y-axis) works fine, Windows device tests confirm my hardware is tracking 100% cleanly, and complex add-ons from other developers like Fenix and PMDG work absolutely flawlessly.Here is what makes this so strange:I initially tested with my WinWing Ursa Minor 32 Joystick L and hit this wall.Thinking it was a WinWing device profile or software glitch, I swapped and tested a completely different brand (Thrustmaster joystick) and got the exact same issue.This affects not just one aircraft, but the entire iniBuilds heavy lineup (A350, A380, and A330).Since multiple stick brands fail exclusively across all iniBuilds widebodies while other heavy add-ons work fine, it points heavily to a shared framework or WASM input-handling bug within their fleet's code in MSFS 2024.Has anyone encountered this across the iniBuilds aircraft family, or found a fix to get the sim/aircraft to recognize roll inputs from standard joysticks? Any help would be hugely appreciated!
5 hours ago5 hr Staff 28 minutes ago, Peter K said:Hey everyone, I'm pulling my hair out trying to troubleshoot a persistent bug in MSFS 2024 and wanted to see if anyone else is experiencing this or has found a workaround.I'm running into an issue where the aileron axis registers completely zero input in the sim's control diagnostic window, meaning physical roll inputs are totally ignored. Meanwhile, the elevator (Y-axis) works fine, Windows device tests confirm my hardware is tracking 100% cleanly, and complex add-ons from other developers like Fenix and PMDG work absolutely flawlessly.Here is what makes this so strange:I initially tested with my WinWing Ursa Minor 32 Joystick L and hit this wall.Thinking it was a WinWing device profile or software glitch, I swapped and tested a completely different brand (Thrustmaster joystick) and got the exact same issue.This affects not just one aircraft, but the entire iniBuilds heavy lineup (A350, A380, and A330).Since multiple stick brands fail exclusively across all iniBuilds widebodies while other heavy add-ons work fine, it points heavily to a shared framework or WASM input-handling bug within their fleet's code in MSFS 2024.Has anyone encountered this across the iniBuilds aircraft family, or found a fix to get the sim/aircraft to recognize roll inputs from standard joysticks? Any help would be hugely appreciated!I have not seen or heard of anyone else having these issues. I'll keep an eye out for anyone else experiencing this.Thanks! Kyle - Community Manager iniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com
4 hours ago4 hr Author Update: Issue solved! It turned out to be a SimAppPro profile mode conflict on the WinWing Ursa Minor throttle that was bleeding over and hijacking the joystick's X-axis. Flipping the throttle configuration mode back to the correct setting completely restored the ailerons across the entire iniBuilds fleet. Sorry for the confusion!
4 hours ago4 hr Staff 4 minutes ago, Peter K said:Update: Issue solved! It turned out to be a SimAppPro profile mode conflict on the WinWing Ursa Minor throttle that was bleeding over and hijacking the joystick's X-axis. Flipping the throttle configuration mode back to the correct setting completely restored the ailerons across the entire iniBuilds fleet. Sorry for the confusion!Happy you got it working! Thanks for sharing your findings. Kyle - Community Manager iniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com
Create an account or sign in to comment