Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

iniBuilds Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

"Vanilla" ATC Comms in A380

Featured Replies

I am having some severe trouble with the usage of ATC comms in this aircraft.

I am not using any AI add-ons (and never will) so my intention is to use the internal ATC comm dialogue options of MS 2024.

I have successfully switched on the comms system and for some reason receive ATIS info while not having even dialled in the frequency for that yet. Also the text messages appear in COM3 even if that isn't in use or set.

I am able to switch frequencies to Clearance but I do not have a dialogue option to request clearance.

When I switch to a ground frequency, I can actually request a taxi clearance for departure (but obviously I do not want to do that).

When using the ATC COM in the FMS to request clearance, I send the message but do not receive anything back.

So my question here is: how do I use the Coms system without any add-ons?

  • Staff

Hi,

In order to use the default coms without any addons, you must enter your departure/arrival airports while setting up on the free-flight section of MSFS.

Importing via SimBrief and the EFB (In-Game)

1. Link your account: Open the EFB tablet in your aircraft or via the free flight menu, go to options/settings, and enter your SimBrief Pilot ID.

2. Generate your plan: Create and generate your operational flight plan on the SimBrief Website.

3. Import on the tablet: On your aircraft's EFB, navigate to the Flight Plan section and select Import SimBrief or Load OFP.

Let me know if that helps!

Kyle - Community Manager

iniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

  • Author

I have completed the steps successfully but these are not the issue.

My flightplan is fully entered and my cockpit is in the state „ready to start engines“.

My issue is: I cannot obtain IFR clearance from ATC although I can hear the clearance messages via the radio but I do not have the option to request IFR in the Ms 2024 comms window and the clearance request sent by message via the FMD ATC-COM section never gets a reply

  • Staff
1 hour ago, Nephandus said:

I have completed the steps successfully but these are not the issue.

My flightplan is fully entered and my cockpit is in the state „ready to start engines“.

My issue is: I cannot obtain IFR clearance from ATC although I can hear the clearance messages via the radio but I do not have the option to request IFR in the Ms 2024 comms window and the clearance request sent by message via the FMD ATC-COM section never gets a reply

Thanks for the clarification. I will test this on my end and report back.

Thanks for your patience!

Kyle - Community Manager

iniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.