3 hours ago3 hr Hi all,the new OMDB v2 automatically installs Skydive Dubai & Landmarks (v.1.0.0) in the Community folder, however this seems to not be working correctly in MSFS2024.I noticed many issues with the night lighting which is either not working at all nor animated. A few examples that I've found:Dubai Marina: the Ain Dubai wheel isn't lit up nor it has animated lightingDubai Marina: the yacht parked isn't litDowntown Dubai: the cocacola arena isn't illuminatedDowntown Dubai: the Burj Khalifa doesn't have the enhanced night lighting (no white led outlines)to name a few.Interestingly, the Ain Dubai does show some lighting when viewed from afar, but once you get closer and the model switches for the more detailed LOD, the lighting disappears (2nd screenshot)I have done the following steps to attempt to correct the issue without any success:cleared the rolling cachedeleted the StreamedPackages community folder deleted the community folder content re-downloaded and installed DubaiV2 via the managerAlso:I do not have any conflicting 3rd parties addon such as the Orbx dubai city packI do not own the premium version of FS2024 so there's no Asobo OMDB to be disabled, in fact there are no issues that I've seen with the airport model itself, just with the city landmarks objectsI have tried to manually install the Skydive Dubai & Landmarks package from the manager but it's only currenty for MSFS2020, manually copying the files into the MSFS2024 community folder generates more conflicts and bugs, but it does restore some of the night lighting Is there any other way to fix this or maybe is there an official update coming for the night lighting? Thanks a lot I've attached some screenshots to illustrate the issue:
2 hours ago2 hr Staff 1 hour ago, albi_416 said:Hi all,the new OMDB v2 automatically installs Skydive Dubai & Landmarks (v.1.0.0) in the Community folder, however this seems to not be working correctly in MSFS2024.I noticed many issues with the night lighting which is either not working at all nor animated. A few examples that I've found:Dubai Marina: the Ain Dubai wheel isn't lit up nor it has animated lightingDubai Marina: the yacht parked isn't litDowntown Dubai: the cocacola arena isn't illuminatedDowntown Dubai: the Burj Khalifa doesn't have the enhanced night lighting (no white led outlines)to name a few.Interestingly, the Ain Dubai does show some lighting when viewed from afar, but once you get closer and the model switches for the more detailed LOD, the lighting disappears (2nd screenshot)I have done the following steps to attempt to correct the issue without any success:cleared the rolling cachedeleted the StreamedPackages community folderdeleted the community folder contentre-downloaded and installed DubaiV2 via the managerAlso:I do not have any conflicting 3rd parties addon such as the Orbx dubai city packI do not own the premium version of FS2024 so there's no Asobo OMDB to be disabled, in fact there are no issues that I've seen with the airport model itself, just with the city landmarks objectsI have tried to manually install the Skydive Dubai & Landmarks package from the manager but it's only currenty for MSFS2020, manually copying the files into the MSFS2024 community folder generates more conflicts and bugs, but it does restore some of the night lightingIs there any other way to fix this or maybe is there an official update coming for the night lighting?Thanks a lotI've attached some screenshots to illustrate the issue:Hi,Thanks for your report. Will forward to the team for further review and clarification.Thanks for your patience! Kyle - Community Manager iniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com
Create an account or sign in to comment