Changing the GS angle in an RNAV approach...??

GridiroN

Hey guys, 

Quick question. I was flying today coming into KSAN and trying to do RNAV27. For RNAV27, it requires a 3.5 degree glideslope, not 3.00. I tried typing out 3.5 and entering it into the FINAL field of the MCDU, but it just arms the approach at 3.00. I'm wondering if the A300 is capable of flying different GS's in RNAV and how to do that? 

When I couldn't figure it out, I switched to the LOC27 approach, and it then correctly read the glideslope as 3.5 degrees. 

I've had this question for a while as I'm Canadian and many Canadian approaches require a 3.10 degree slope, but usually just fly it down manually, but this is starting to bug me and figured I'd ask about it. 

I had similar but maybe more complex issue when trying to do VOR approach into VNKT,  that approach requires 5.31 degree after FAF but 3degree for the last 2 mile.

And in ini's A300, it's all 3.00 from FAF, I tried to use profile, the aircraft actually descend low to 3degree line even when there are altitude constraints coded along the final sector. so I have to go around, and done it with V/S mode

• Administrators

Hello!

Our A300 under this approach mode is currently providing a 3.0 degrees glidepath. I do not have the tech team available at the moment, but am confident, that this cannot be exceed. For an approach that requires a great descent path please do this manually using VS mode.

Will confirm for you if otherwise.

Thanks. 

• Thanks 1