Engine behaviour

Marko93

Dear Inibuilds devs,

recently purchased the T-33 because I fell to your advertising and was impressed by the fact that you dealt with an actual owner and operator of the aircraft to faithfully recreate it.

I am amazed by the visuals and many parts of this simulation.

However I see some weakpoints that I just don't want to accept after this very promising advertisement and the fact that many parts of this aircraft are outstanding, please continue development on it. Eye candy is going to get those planes into people's hangars, but system depth, immersion, sound and flight dynamics will get them out there again to actually be flown regularly, and that is hopefully what you care for.

I will post those points in the respective topics.

Engine spool-up time: 

Does the engine (I suspect it to be the RR Nene engine instead of the Allison?) really spool up that fast in real life? If I put the throttle forward from idle the sound spools up way to fast to be believable, same with the spool down if the throttle is cut. As this engine should take a while to build up rpm and power, I doubt this to be realistic.

Despite really hamfisting the throttle I was never able to actually get temps or pressures in the red range and thus I don't see the characteristics of this early jet engine to be simulated, which is a shame because that is what I hoped for.