Initial takeoff settings incorrect

ericnelson7

When starting a flight ready for takeoff, as of v1.03 the flaps are still pre-set to the wrong position.  They should be at 32 degrees, not 30 percent (on the classic cockpit indicator, flap position is shown as percent of full 45 degree travel) so two more notches are required for standard performance.

"Water-injection" switch (does this do anything?) is pre-set to on, though I'd rather it be off.  Tip tank feed switch is pre-set off, though it should be on.

8 hours ago, ericnelson7 said:

When starting a flight ready for takeoff, as of v1.03 the flaps are still pre-set to the wrong position.  They should be at 32 degrees, not 30 percent (on the classic cockpit indicator, flap position is shown as percent of full 45 degree travel) so two more notches are required for standard performance.

"Water-injection" switch (does this do anything?) is pre-set to on, though I'd rather it be off.  Tip tank feed switch is pre-set off, though it should be on.

I can't be sure but I think there might be a built in mixup with the way the T33 has been coded by INIBUILDS. It looks to me as though some things match up with the Canadian version and some with the Lockheed version. Flap gauge in % is one example. My memory is a bit vague but the takeoff flap position on the T33 I once flew was 31.5 DEGREES. I don't remember a % on that gauge at all.
Dudley Henriques

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...