Error with 3D model

jocko417

In starting to make paint schemes for the model (lovely model by the way), I’ve noticed there’s an error in location of the oval outlet port on the left rear fuselage, namely it’s too low. This became apparent when placing markings on the rear fuselage and wondering why the vent always seemed to be in the way.

The model appears to be a hybrid of both the Lockheed and Canadair built T-33s, it has the fuselage outlet port and extended tailpipe of the RR Nene powered Canadair model, but also retains the rear fuselage louvre panels of the Allison powered Lockheed model.

The outlet port should by higher up on the fuselage, just about at the underside of the stabilizer. There should be a good sized gap between the port and the rounded rectangular access panel underneath it, see pics included (More to follow):

In the last pic below you can see the port behind the gentleman on the right and the access panel below behind his right shoulder.

IMG_3900.jpeg

IMG_3903.jpeg

IMG_3906.jpeg

IMG_3902.png

• Like 1

Now compare the pics above to the 3D model.

I believe the port needs to be raised up by at least its own height, to sit just under the horizontal line of rivets above it. Also, there should be at least one electrical ground power access panel near the right wing fillet trailing edge, I’m unsure how many panels were on the Lockheed model but the Canadair version had a few panels in that location:

IMG_3901.png

IMG_3907.jpeg

Edited by jocko417

Oh, one other thing, the two white nav lights above the exhaust? The upper one should be AMBER, not white. A lot of military jets of the era used amber lights combined with the white ones (F-86, F-104 off the top of my head) and when set to Flash, they would alternate on and off - amber on, white off; amber off, white on, etc.

Edited by jocko417

Wow jocko417. Your attention to detail is amazing and the work on this livery is so well done. When I first saw that many artists not very happy with the paint kit, I just thought that something wasn't quite right when looking at the aft fuselage and the the markings not looking right on the Canadian liveries.

You seem to have a great source of personal knowledge on all the aircraft you have been painting as well as really nice photos for comparison. I really hope that inibuilds take this into account. The model would be just that much more accurate and allow painters to properly get the correct decal placement.

This is a really good catch on the external model. I will keep my fingers crossed that this might be able to be fixed. It would really be a necessary change as the outlet port is clearly way to low. The electrical ground panel door and the tail nav light being depicted correctly would be very nice to implement into the model.

I really hope inibuilds are able to consider doing these changes for accuracy. This  T-33 is one of the best military iconic jets in MSFS 2020 and these little improvements would be greatly appreciated if someone could have a look at these few important details.

I love the fact that many of the people interested in this aircraft have family that flew the T-33, worked on or have actually had engineering experience with this airframe.

Thanks for your dedication and work on the repainting and accuracy to detail jocko417