Few tips for improvement.

ftsx.free.lw

For the flight model and other cockpit features, based on the T-33A and T33SF flight manuals that can be found free of charge on Avialogs, but also on pilot testimonials in magazines, including that of the F-AYMD pilot (Top Gun Aviation), here are a few tips for improvement.

1/ A retracted landing gear warning horn should sound at 60% engine speed, and the red warning light should light up.
Press the button next to the throttle to switch off the horn and light.
If, after the horn and red warning light have been switched off, engine speed rises above 60% again, the retracted gear warning circuit will be reset.

2/ If possible, apply vibration effects when approaching stall and transonic.

3/ If possible, switch off the engine after a maximum of 15 s of inverted flight, as there is no more oil lubrication, but before that, the hydraulic pump also deflates, resulting in no hydraulic aileron assistance, loss of engine lubrication and a rise in engine temperature, etc.

4/ If possible, add the possibility of jettisoning the tip tanks to simulate a loss of power on takeoff or even in transit.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

• Like 1

Another point that has been mentioned and put aside for now is the pilot size. If there's one thing that the eye is immediately drawn to on this otherwise excellent airplane, it is the children sitting in the cockpit (so in this case size matters). Also the height, I've watched many pilots over my 26yrs in the AF and many of them have a way of positioning the seat to enhance their fwd view.

1. Make a fist

2. Place their fist on the top of the helmet

3. Raise the seat until the top of the fist begins to touch the canopy. On the T-33 it brought the top of the helmet at or slightly below the top edge of the fwd windscreen frame.

Just FWI

On 9/19/2024 at 6:44 PM, ftsx.free.lw said:

For the flight model and other cockpit features, based on the T-33A and T33SF flight manuals that can be found free of charge on Avialogs, but also on pilot testimonials in magazines, including that of the F-AYMD pilot (Top Gun Aviation), here are a few tips for improvement.

1/ A retracted landing gear warning horn should sound at 60% engine speed, and the red warning light should light up.
Press the button next to the throttle to switch off the horn and light.
If, after the horn and red warning light have been switched off, engine speed rises above 60% again, the retracted gear warning circuit will be reset.

2/ If possible, apply vibration effects when approaching stall and transonic.

3/ If possible, switch off the engine after a maximum of 15 s of inverted flight, as there is no more oil lubrication, but before that, the hydraulic pump also deflates, resulting in no hydraulic aileron assistance, loss of engine lubrication and a rise in engine temperature, etc.

4/ If possible, add the possibility of jettisoning the tip tanks to simulate a loss of power on takeoff or even in transit.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

I'll pass your suggestions on to the team. 🙂 

11 hours ago, Falcon409 said:

Another point that has been mentioned and put aside for now is the pilot size. If there's one thing that the eye is immediately drawn to on this otherwise excellent airplane, it is the children sitting in the cockpit (so in this case size matters). Also the height, I've watched many pilots over my 26yrs in the AF and many of them have a way of positioning the seat to enhance their fwd view.

1. Make a fist

2. Place their fist on the top of the helmet

3. Raise the seat until the top of the fist begins to touch the canopy. On the T-33 it brought the top of the helmet at or slightly below the top edge of the fwd windscreen frame.

Just FWI

Hi! We've had this feedback before and we have recently resized the pilot models but I do understand they are still not large enough. Unfortunately, any larger we start running into clipping issues with the cockpit itself; instead we opted for a slight increase, at least for now. 

• Thanks 1

Eddie
Community Manager 
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com