GSX marshallers invisible!

jgoggi

Hi,

Already reported on GSX forum, but I guess the issue is related to the scenery... The GSX marshallers are invisible, I should edit them with GSX editor and move them either much backword inside the terminal or in a very sideways position. It's like there is an area in front of the parking where marshallers are invisible. Could you pease check? This happens in all parkings with marshallers. GSX updated to the latest release. Thank you.

I would like to add that this happens only with parkings in front of buildings. The marshallers are correctly visible if the parking is external, with no buildings in front. It's like there is an "exclude" area in front of buildings, where marshallers are not visible...

Hello,

We've tried to reproduce this but it seems we are unable to. I've attached screenshots at different gates and the marshalers seem to be fine, for us at least. This is using the most up to date version (v1.3.0) with the official GSX profile installed through the iniManager.

image.thumb.png.e6de81aeff81f1d27bbfc2fcae7a83d3.pngimage.thumb.png.9f0f1ed2c8ff220cd48b11463ffbeb6a.pngimage.thumb.png.d7782eae51737e7a5701ce4718613530.png

If you have the same conditions set as us (same airport ver, official GSX etc), please attach screenshots of what it looks like for you. Thank you!

• Thanks 1

Eddie
Community Manager 
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Thanks for testing. I'm using the latest build of KLAX and also GSX (3.1.6)

Here's images from Gate 62. I didn't try your gates, but the rest was the same. You can see in the GSX editor that the Marshaller is not there. He/she flickers when moving around the parking area, but never stays visible.

I never checked over at GSX. I just assumed the issue was the scenery based on the OP.Screenshot(1022).thumb.png.db768cef5ceafa9ce0adf0031520c5e5.pngScreenshot(1022).thumb.png.db768cef5ceafa9ce0adf0031520c5e5.pngScreenshot(1024).png.376a0a309b54a067bdee0e3ebb24a26a.png

Although the original official GSX profile was installed through the iniManager, as soon as I modify it the name changes. So, you may not see the same .ini file in one of the pics.

Screenshot (1023).png

Exactly the same for me. I have v1.3.0 and the latest GSX. Could it be related to graphics settings, such as DX12, DLSS, frame generation, etc? The strange thing is that it's the only airport with this issue, in all other airports it's ok. 

Hello again,

Very odd. Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce the issue whatsoever and I'm not entirely sure what could be the cause. I would recommend reinstalling the scenery entirely as well as clearing scenery indexes. 

To do that locate your folder by following the path below.

(MS Store) \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

(Steam) \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes

Then delete the contents inside but leave the folder intact. You can now reinstall the scenery and the indexes will rebuild on next load of FS. Make sure to also install our official GSX profile. 

Really hope this solves your issue! 🙂

Eddie
Community Manager 

14 hours ago, Eddie said:

Hello again,

Very odd. Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce the issue whatsoever and I'm not entirely sure what could be the cause. I would recommend reinstalling the scenery entirely as well as clearing scenery indexes. 

To do that locate your folder by following the path below.

(MS Store) \AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SceneryIndexes

(Steam) \AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\SceneryIndexes

Then delete the contents inside but leave the folder intact. You can now reinstall the scenery and the indexes will rebuild on next load of FS. Make sure to also install our official GSX profile. 

Really hope this solves your issue! 🙂

Thanks, but I did this before I posted the issue I was having. Clearing the scenery indexes and reinstalling the scenery did not help. It's the first scenery I have purchased from iniBuilds. Nice scenery, but I think that will be my limit until I find out what the reason is for the issue I am having.

Hello

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce, as mentioned. We are not having said issue and I can't find similar reports made recently; that makes it really hard to figure out exactly where it's going wrong. Things such as these to tend to resolve themselves, and I hope sooner than later. Again, apologies for the inconvenience. Will reach out here again if I have any updated information!

Thank you

Eddie
Community Manager 

5 hours ago, Eddie said:

Hello

I understand your frustration. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to reproduce, as mentioned. We are not having said issue and I can't find similar reports made recently; that makes it really hard to figure out exactly where it's going wrong. Things such as these to tend to resolve themselves, and I hope sooner than later. Again, apologies for the inconvenience. Will reach out here again if I have any updated information!

Thank you

No, I’m not frustrated at all. There’s plenty of other options to use instead of a marshaller. As I mentioned, I’ll need to figure out what is wrong. I can’t really see it being the scenery, but something the OP and myself obviously have in common.

Whatever the issue, as soon as I figure it out then I’ll update this thread. Thanks for the support and looking into the matter.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found the issue. For whatever reason the sim.cfg file located under inibuilds-airport-klax-losangeles\SimObjects\Landmarks\noolaero VDGS KLAX\ had to be removed/renamed. Even though I was not using the VDGS(disabled in iniManager) the file was still being called, or accessed. At first I just removed the line entry for Gate 62 in the sim.cfg file:

[fltsim.63]
title=noolaero VDGS KLAX GATE 62
model=T2-18
vdgs_features=stand_number, startup, local_time
vdgs_nose=33.941842395472136, -118.4016367104799, 261.696
vdgs_stand=62
vdgs_screens=GUIDANCE "noolaero VDGS KLAX T2-18 guidance", STANDBY "noolaero VDGS KLAX T2-18 standby", STARTUP "noolaero VDGS KLAX T2-18 startup"

Once I did that then only gate 62 allowed the marshaller to be visible. All other gates had the marshaller invisible. Renaming that sim.cfg file so it wasn't used fixed the other gates.

Screenshot (1094).png

Screenshot (1093).png

Edited by MrSauga