Disappointed with the T-33

I thought I'd mention my huge disappointment with the T-33. I was really looking forward to flying this, and hoping to create many repaints/liveries/textures for it.

I'm sorry to say it's not going to happen, it crashes my sim on starting the flight every time, so flying is not working (yet).

As for repainting, what's this? Mirrored wing and tail textures? The fuselage in how many pieces? So painting it is also nigh-on impossible, and futile with those mirrored textures.

So I've uninstalled it, sorry.

Such a shamešŸ˜”I love the T-33 and when I heard ini was creating it one of my first thoughts was ā€œI hope jankees does his magic on this.ā€ Not a repainter so I donā€™t understand the difficulty you describe. But what a disappointment you canā€™t repaint and texture it.

Hoping the Inibuilds team will a.) pay attention to JKs comment, and b) take prompt action to correct it. The sales increase likely gained on the ability to do proper military and other repaints should more than justify a texture remap, then release of a well thought-out, usable paint kit. This product is one of the first from Inibuilds that many of us have boughtā€¦so looking forward to seeing a customer-focused approach on this issueā€” and it is a HUGE one. The model is beautifulā€¦get the FM tweaks in, correct the texturing issue, release a good paint kitā€¦ and you will have a home run on your hands.

Edited by Colokent

JK's work is well known and so appreciated. I also think very highly of the artists and their opinions. Thanks for your numbers list earlier Wrap23šŸ‘. I think this aircraft having such a history with many countries is the reason many of us are just wanting any polished aluminum liveries. I happen to be on the crazy Canuck side so would love to see the RCAF black and red knight, polished RCAF early variants. I just think the T-33 looked so nice with the hi vis tip tanks and anti glare.

Thanks Jankees. Honesty is the best policy. I hope we can see T-33 paints of yours one day. There is another in development. I hope they take note.

• Like 1

Yes. As far as I know the T-33 was also being done by Sim Skunk Works. The same developer who developed both the FRF-104GĀ  and the TRF 104G.

I would have picked up both versions to try and still plan to if another T-33 comes to the sim regardless who makes it.

I reviewed an old post where it was mentioned. In the post it said it was not officially announced. I must have been suffering with T-33 delusions for along time now.

Forgive me if I got anyone's hopes up. I hope inibuilds gets to work on some more of their intended Premiere Aircraft Series. The UK connection is making me hope for possibly a Gloster Meteor a Vampire, (Vampire TII) even though we have some really nice renditions of these aircraft. The Hawker Hunter would be nice or just because I just like experimental aircraft the whole series of Avro 707's.

You are correct joco417.Ā  Sim Works Studios partnered with inibuilds for this T-33. I think you're right that there is just a mix up with the names between the two developers. I am just going to try out a reflective mod for the T-33 which will get the Thunderbirds livery and the plain livery to have a shiny metal texture. I think there is hope for that we may see some great liveries soon.

On 8/30/2024 at 11:01 PM, jankees said:

I thought I'd mention my huge disappointment with the T-33. I was really looking forward to flying this, and hoping to create many repaints/liveries/textures for it.

I'm sorry to say it's not going to happen, it crashes my sim on starting the flight every time, so flying is not working (yet).

As for repainting, what's this? Mirrored wing and tail textures? The fuselage in how many pieces? So painting it is also nigh-on impossible, and futile with those mirrored textures.

So I've uninstalled it, sorry.

Hi. Rest assured, we are present and read these posts as well as take all points of view into consideration.

With respect to the instant crashes, that's not something experienced over hundreds of hours of testing by a very varied group so there is likely something conflicting in your setup causing this. Regardless, I'd love to help get to the bottom of that so you can enjoy the aircraft.

Regarding repainting, we have moved to a decal-focused template to better conform to the SDK but agree the mirrored placards present a challenge.Ā  Our art team will look into this deeper and try to find a solution that makes it easier for 3rd-party creators to easily bring their ideas to the sim.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IniSteve said:

Regarding repainting, we have moved to a decal-focused template to better conform to the SDK but agree the mirrored placards present a challenge.Ā  Our art team will look into this deeper and try to find a solution that makes it easier for 3rd-party creators to easily bring their ideas to the sim.

Hello Steve,

Good to know this, hope we come to a good solution, the plane needs repaints a lot of repaints.

Kind regards,

Marcel
My MSFS repaints can be found here: https://flightsim.to/profile/garfield

Thank you for the information IniSteve. Have just spent some time doing circuits and the airplane is certainly a blast to fly. As for texturing, however, I agree with jankees in that unless you know Blender or another 3D painting application, this model will be very challenging to work with as it is now. This is certainly disappointing, as the aircraft served for decades with many countries and could enjoy a huge amount of repaints if the model was easier to work with, and I think more available repaints would attract more buyers as the model itself is lovely.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, IniSteve said:

Hi. Rest assured, we are present and read these posts as well as take all points of view into consideration.

With respect to the instant crashes, that's not something experienced over hundreds of hours of testing by a very varied group so there is likely something conflicting in your setup causing this. Regardless, I'd love to help get to the bottom of that so you can enjoy the aircraft.

THANK YOU, Steve on the texture/paintkit due diligence!!!!Ā  BTW-- I have not suffered any crashes...

11 hours ago, Alien0071 said:

You are correct joco417.Ā  Sim Works Studios partnered with inibuilds for this T-33. I think you're right that there is just a mix up with the names between the two developers. I am just going to try out a reflective mod for the T-33 which will get the Thunderbirds livery and the plain livery to have a shiny metal texture. I think there is hope for that we may see some great liveries soon.

"Do-oh!"Ā  You are correct.Ā  I completely screwed that up, didn't I?Ā  Now I'm having a hard time believing SSW will now continue development on their T-33...

Kent

15 hours ago, IniSteve said:

May i be so bolt to do some suggestions:

1. Double the following textures so there are no mirrored parts any more (so cammo patterns can be painted):
- T_T33_EXT_1005_BODY_ALBD.PNG.DDS
- T_T33_EXT_1006_BODY_ALBD.PNG.DDS
- T_T33_EXT_1007_BODY_ALBD.PNG.DDS

2. Make a blender repaint-model-file, with at the parts grouped per texture-sheet.

3. Make sure all current stencils have the correct orientation and are not mirrored

4. Do not use the same stencil for the wings and fuselage (make 2 separate ones)

Kind regards,

Marcel

Ā 

• Like 2

Bar the DC-3/C-47, I can't think of any aircraft more tempting to the repainter than the T-33. Given its ubiquity, I'm rather surprised Inibuilds has dropped the ball on repaintability. No bare metal template, mirrored textures - very odd. I was looking forward to the T-33's release, but I'll hold off buying it until we see the problems addressed. That said, thanks for doing the model in the first place.

In response to "Do-oh!" It's all good. I am sure it wouldn't have that type of impact.Ā 

I recommend having this plane in your hangar and want to see more in the future. The developer is very aware that customers have spoken about the painting of this T-33. I believe they are not just going to disregard all the feedback but would obviously be back try to improve things in a timely manner. It has only been a few days.

small update from my side:

on a different computer all is well, and it is a beautiful model with Marcel's textures. I'm still frustrated with the texture layout though, so I'm really hoping you can come up with a solution.

One other question: aren't the pilots a bit small?

Alternatively, I need to start learning how to work with blender...

Ā 

T-33 (0002).jpg

Edited by jankees

1 hour ago, jankees said:

small update from my side:

on a different computer all is well, and it is a beautiful model with Marcel's textures. I'm still frustrated with the texture layout though, so I'm really hoping you can come up with a solution.

One other question: aren't the pilots a bit small?

Alternatively, I need to start learning how to work with blender...

Ā 

T-33 (0002).jpg

Hi @jankees!

We've had a few reports regarding the size of the pilots. It does look like the pilots are both napping in their seats haha. But the team is aware nonetheless šŸ™‚

Ā 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Eddie
Community ManagerĀ 
IniBuilds Ltd. |Ā inibuilds.com

Ā 

Anecdote of a mission at the TOURS fighter school - Base AĆ©rienne 705 - Groupement Ć©cole 314 - 1970s - FRANCE

The crew heads for their T-33. It's the first mission for a young trainee. Young and tiny.Ā  The student takes the front seat, the instructor the rear. While taxiing, the instructor notices that the trainee seems to be low to the ground. He points this out to him and asks him to put his seat back up. He still looks so low. Well, it's true that he's very small. The mission goes off without a hitch, except for the fact that the student can hardly see the pattern characteristic points. Finally, the landing goes off pretty well, with the instructor helping the student who can't see the runway. Back at the parking lot, the instructor has the explanation for his pupil's smallness: he did the whole flight with a dorsal parachute, but without the usual 30 cm thick cushion.

No doubt the reason why: IniBuilds pilots didn't take their cushions, as can be seen clearly in this screenshot from the following YouTube video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPLMBHmmyOI

Ā 

DesktopScreenshot2024_09.04-20_05_41_78.thumb.png.0aaf7b13e8debae1c5bfcb7d74239150.pngDesktopScreenshot2024_09.04-20_07_11_28.thumb.png.47e6d120d66ad24f939fee884e0eb629.png

Ā 

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/2/2024 at 11:23 AM, mgr said:

May i be so bolt to do some suggestions:

1. Double the following textures so there are no mirrored parts any more (so cammo patterns can be painted):
- T_T33_EXT_1005_BODY_ALBD.PNG.DDS
- T_T33_EXT_1006_BODY_ALBD.PNG.DDS
- T_T33_EXT_1007_BODY_ALBD.PNG.DDS

2. Make a blender repaint-model-file, with at the parts grouped per texture-sheet.

3. Make sure all current stencils have the correct orientation and are not mirrored

4. Do not use the same stencil for the wings and fuselage (make 2 separate ones)

Kind regards,

Marcel

Ā 

Thanks for the tip Marcel. Why not do this work on the textures "iniBuilds". Then all painters would have the same full layers