T-33 Numbers

Wrap23

Found this online. A little blurry but can be deciphered. Some performance numbers for having fun in the T-Bird from an actual T-Bird pilot. Alright INI, let’s see how close the numbers are! 😁

IMG_9110.png

I can't stop thinking about this aircraft. I hope we are not going to have to wait another weekend. I found my father's old T-33 manual from the RCAF.

I find the name T-33 Silver Star to be kind of nostalgic but I always liked Shooting Star or T-Bird or just plain T-33. 

I can't wait. Please help us 

I worked on these RCAF aircraft for many years and feel like I could almost start taking off control surfaces, plenum doors, speed brakes and start overhauling them. The modelling looks really nice. I used to love making the plenum doors behind the canopy. They looked so nice when they were polished and the original aluminum cladding was in new condition. Ailerons, elevators and rudders were challenging and time consuming to reskin. Flaps and speed brakes were really nice to work on.

Please give us some good news

20240830_072813.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Alien0071 said:

I can't stop thinking about this aircraft. I hope we are not going to have to wait another weekend. I found my father's old T-33 manual from the RCAF.

I find the name T-33 Silver Star to be kind of nostalgic but I always liked Shooting Star or T-Bird or just plain T-33. 

I worked on these RCAF aircraft for many years and feel like I could almost start taking off control surfaces, plenum doors, speed brakes and start overhauling them. The modelling looks really nice. I used to love making the plenum doors behind the canopy. They looked so nice when they were polished and the original aluminum cladding was in new condition. Ailerons, elevators and rudders were challenging and time consuming to reskin. Flaps and speed brakes were really nice to work on.

20240830_072813.jpg

Couldn't agree more.  They've been touting 30 August for a week+, but daylight is quickly burning over in "Jolly Olde England", and "happy hour" in the pubs will be in full swing soon...can they actually deliver on schedule?  We'll soon see.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Alien0071 said:

20240830_072813.jpg

For more cool RCAF flying stories from the T-Bird's era, read "F-86 Sabre" by C.J. "Chick" Childerhose. GREAT book that captures the ethos of the mid to late 50s flying Canadian Sabres in NATO Europe and as part of the 1 Overseas Ferry Unit (OFU).

Chick 1.png

I will definitely give that a read. My dad was a 413 (F) squadron member, Empire Test Pilot School Graduate and flew to Zweibrucken Germany on operation Leap Frog.  This is a photo of my dad piloting RCAF T-33  during ejection seat testing near Uplands Ottawa Ontario. He finished his 28 year career as a Major in Cold Lake Alberta with CEPE on F-104 Starfighters. 

RCAF T-33 Ejection test.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Alien0071 said:

I will definitely give that a read. My dad was a 413 (F) squadron member, Empire Test Pilot School Graduate and flew to Zweibrucken Germany on operation Leap Frog.  This is a photo of my dad piloting RCAF T-33  during ejection seat testing near Uplands Ottawa Ontario. He finished his 28 year career as a Major in Cold Lake Alberta with CEPE on F-104 Starfighters. 

RCAF T-33 Ejection test.jpg

THAT...is cool.  Chick Childerhose flew F-86s with 434 (Bluenose) Squadron in Zweibrucken...

8 hours ago, Wrap23 said:

Some performance numbers for having fun in the T-Bird from an actual T-Bird pilot

Thanks for sharing. I'll forward to the team should they need it.

3 hours ago, BobI said:

Any whispers about its release?

2 hours ago, Colokent said:

can they actually deliver on schedule?  We'll soon see.

We're also eager to get this plane in your simulators ASAP so expect a release very soon. We just wanted to pack in as many improvements as could be validated in time by the involved parties prior to the target release window. More of those will be coming in the patches post release.

We hope you will enjoy this bird and keep sharing your stories, notes and feedback with us! The release is only just the beginning for this plane (and Premier series of aircraft) and we look forward to going forth on this journey with all of y'all! 🙂 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Wow. Went for a bike ride wearing an old flight jacket. Fell asleep. Woke up to Out Now email. Must have been in the stars.

Just bought the T-33 and picked up inibuilds Southampton. 

Thank you so much. I think I will be having a nice weekend. Cheers to all in the UK 

Very glad to hear there's going to be a paintkit. (And hopefully along with it a fix for the wing/tail mirroring that some repainters have reported.) I'm super-pleased with the aircraft model, the amazingly good audio, and (most important) the feel of the plane.

But I'm really, really disappointed that there are zero natural metal liveries included, given how common they were when the plane was in service and how good they look. No "regular" USAF or RCAF liveries, and the Thunderbird plane is incorrectly painted gray when in fact they were silver/metal in color...

Ini:

image.thumb.jpeg.0e4def9b33d3c66645cd4b5113095375.jpeg

Photo actual 1950's Thunderbirds T-33 (the restored examples are even shinier natural metal):

No photo description available.

Also, anyone find a way to make the rear-seat pilot visible?

Edited by Editer

Colokent. I must agree with your power curve statement, so cool. Did not want to crash my new T-33. I found you have to be really careful on your approach and get your flap settings and speed just right if returning to base with near full fuel. Be careful with airbrakes.

To Editer. I am not sure what could be causing that. I am seeing both pilots on mine and in other videos. I would check your default avatar settings, other than that I am not sure. 

Really nice textures at the inibuilds Southampton scenery.

T-33 Southampton.jpg

I forgot to say the sound is really incredible. The trimming and feel of this simulation is just great to me. I am a very big critic of of any pc or other controllers but this is really nice.

I did see a texture missing on the left plenum door of the RCAF livery. Not worried at all. I love this plane already. 

I included a screenshot to show the missing texture.

Thanks again

T-33 Plenum door discrepency.jpg

I do remember my dad speaking of Flying officer Childerhose. I am quite certain they would have flown flown together on operations and assignments. The 413(F), 427(F) and 434(F) squadrons were all part of 3 Wing in Zweibrucken. I managed doing this livery of F-86 19273 of 413(F) squadron. This is the plane my dad flew on operation Leap Frog and flew this in Europe on many sorties.

I do want to say despite that this is a brand new release, I am really enjoying this aircraft. I tried it out in vr  and have found my favorite vr aircraft. Just doing some touch and go's, landings and taxiing in vr is so cool. Pop the canopy and listen to how nice it sounds.

Time for some more testing. 

413 F Sqdrn  Zweibrucken.jpg

Just to stay on track. Let's hear more on this T-33.

I am quite satisfied to have three classics in the hangar. The T-33 seems to just want to cruise together with these two. Sorry I don't have liveries for the F-86 or the F-104. All of my screenshots are converted from an HDR jxr file to jpeg so if they seem a little off they look great in HDR.

T-33 F-86 F-104 Cold Lake.jpg

Also required reading in everyone’s Childerhose library:

Wild Blue - collection of anecdotes about Chick’s RCAF career, from training through NATO service and flying with the OFU

Splash One Tiger - fictional novel about F-86 flying in the last of the Sabre VI days before the 104 took over.

Both books are long out of print but can be found in online used book stores.