Two problems I can’t figure out

andrewp

The two problems I’m having is when I have autopilot on after takeoff it randomly gets knocked off at random times during flight. Seems to happen when I’m looking inside and outside of the aircraft.  The second problem I’m having is I’m not getting a TOD marker so I have no clue when to desend and by the time I see if I have to be at a certain altitude it’s too late. Also having difficulty finding Sid’s and stars. I only use simbrief and I don’t have navigraph. Xbox user. Thank you 

IMG_0255.png

11 hours ago, andrewp said:

The two problems I’m having is when I have autopilot on after takeoff it randomly gets knocked off at random times during flight.

The autopilot can go off for following reasons:

• Excessive control inputs (either aileron/elevator/rudder axis) - So it could be due to inputs being given whilst you are trying to change views, or if you have any kind of stick drift / noisy axis
  • Excessive Turbulence - in adverse weather conditions or simply too much fluctuation of wind vectors, the AP can disengage if it cannot properly maintain level flight
  • Control Binding Conflicts - You have AP Toggle / disconnect also accidentally mapped to buttons you are using to change views or conduct any other functions. Please double check your control bindings in options.

Please check and ensure neither are happening leading to the issue you're noticing.

The second problem I’m having is I’m not getting a TOD marker

This will only appear once you are properly in cruise and have appropriately filled in the INIT B pages with the relevant data (ZFW/ZFWCG/FOB etc). The INIT B page can only be accessed in pre-flight, with both engines shut down by pressing INIT on MCDU, then proceeding to next page.

Also having difficulty finding Sid’s and stars. I only use simbrief and I don’t have navigraph. Xbox user.

This is a bit difficult to do without access to charts for the airports you intend to operate in and out of. For the USA, you can typically find the charts online for free, through sites like FlightAware. Equally, you can also find routes with the planned SID/STAR filed on FlightAware for easy reference.

I would also recommend watching some videos on Youtube that can guide you through this process. One such example as below, but there are equally very many tutorials out there: 

https://youtu.be/Y11WmGlvaIE

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com