Aircraft becomes unresponsive during fmc setup on Xbox Series X

Green97

When setting up the fmc during cold and dark state and requesting simbrief flight plan with winds the plane after a few minutes stops functioning and pressing any buttons in the cockpit doesn’t do anything. 

I don’t know if the issue is related to wasm.

2 hours ago, Green97 said:

requesting simbrief flight plan with winds the plane after a few minutes stops functioning and pressing any buttons in the cockpit doesn’t do anything. 

I don’t know if the issue is related to wasm.

Hi, this does indeed sound like a WASM crash (where the sytems that use WASM become unresponsive as it has crashed). 
Though typically, the crash is instantaneous after a particular function is executed. There won't be a few minutes delay.

As such, can you pin-point exactly when the system stops responding, and note the action immediately prior to that. 

While all efforts have been made to catch and reduce instances of WASM Crashes in the upcoming AAU3 update, your reports with the required information will help us to try to reproduce the scenarios and debug further.

Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com

Hello 

I’ve pinpointed the cause of the crash to when you request winds on the acars page of the fmc which was added on the newest update. 

I’ve also noticed some of the toggle switch’s in the A300 cockpit seem to working the opposite way to what they’re meant to do. That was using the standard Xbox controller.This issue wasn’t present on the previous builds. 

Thanks

7 hours ago, Green97 said:

I’ve pinpointed the cause of the crash to when you request winds on the acars page of the fmc which was added on the newest update. 

Noted, thanks we'll look into it. For now avoid the request winds feature.

7 hours ago, Green97 said:

I’ve also noticed some of the toggle switch’s in the A300 cockpit seem to working the opposite way to what they’re meant to do. That was using the standard Xbox controller.This issue wasn’t present on the previous builds. 

The whole cockpit interactions system was rewritten from scratch using new Asobo template in order to improve performance for this build. So some switches may have been misconfigured. Can you specify the ones you noticed issues with? Thanks!

Vrishabh Sehgal @Richboy2307 )
Community Team Member & Tester
IniBuilds Ltd. | inibuilds.com